PDA

View Full Version : Red Sage

LilaDubois
08-14-2006, 08:43 PM
Has anyone submitted to Red Sage and the Secrets anthologies? I love the books but have heard it is barely worth submitting because they have basically stopped taking stuff from unpublished authors.

Any info would be appreciated!

(I checked the index but the thread on there doesn't really talk about them, they are just mentioned once in the middle of a discussion about someone else.)
:Shrug:

veinglory
08-14-2006, 08:47 PM
Unless this is a policy stated in their submission guidelines I would not be put off by a rumor. All you lose in submitting to them is a little time. I have no direct experience but hear that Red Sage are well regarded.

JanDarby
08-14-2006, 10:33 PM
At the RWA conference, they indicated they were taking submissions for novellas and short stories from outside their existing authors. If I understood the presentation correctly (I arrived late and may have missed critical info), they appear to be undergoing some changes (for the better, potentially) and will be releasing ebooks of novellas and short stories, in addition to their existing print books. I didn't hear the timeline, but they said their website would be updated with the submission information when it's official.

For now, the highlights of their submission requirements are;

No multiple submissions (meaning stories under consideration elsewhere), unless it's just a query w/ the first 10 pages.

Full manuscripts can be sent to the snail mail address (listed at the website).

Novella length is 20K to 34K.

Presumably short stories would be under 20K, but that information isn't at the website now, and, as noted, I may have misunderstood the presentation at RWA, so I don't want to be too definite about short stories.

JD

LilaDubois
08-15-2006, 12:11 AM
Thanks!

veinglory
08-02-2007, 06:26 AM
Apparently their ebook contract is something of a doozy with rights grabbing, life of copyright, rights to all future works, rights to create derivative works etc.

mscelina
08-02-2007, 08:22 AM
Is that the one that is causing all the stir at EPIC?