Hi from Oklahoma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parthena Black

I registered earlier today after a friend referred me here - and almost immediately after that I received an e-mail from Sage Woman magazine. They will be publishing an article I submitted - my first - and have asked for a bio! Needless to say, I'm excited. It was just the boost I needed. I'm in my late forties and have always wanted to write but have never had the confidence to do so.

My strength is in technical writing for some reason - I don't know who that person is because I don't talk that way at all. I'm looking for avenues to share my professional experience in the field of social work with the general public rather than with other professionals.

I also have an idea for my first book. Only bits and pieces have thus far been written but now that I know someone actually thinks my work is worthy of being published - it's a go.

aka eraser

Congratulations, that's a great start!

Although I freelanced fitfully when younger, I only became a full time writer 4 years ago when I too was in my late 40's.

It can be done. You'll be fine. :)

Parthena Black

Thank you so very much! I've made lots of changes in my life in the past two years, including walking out of a 'secure' job that was literally killing me. Then I met the love of my life, who happens to have a chronic, terminal illness. Prior to that, I left an abusive husband and raised three sons by myself while living with a crippling spinal condition that doctors refused to see until it began to paralyze me - so yes, I really should believe that just about anything can be done, shouldn't I? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.