Are you afraid of dying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
I'm getting closer, so the thought has crossed my mind. Then again, I guess if I live a rich and fulfilling life I really don't mind so much. Yes? What have you left unaccomplished? What regrets will you have?

Reaction score
No. I've accomplished pretty nearly every goal I ever had and done pretty much everything I ever wanted to do (except father Britney's children). These days the idea of being around forever isnt appealing to me. And I dont like where our society is headed....much less the girls covered with 'tramp stamps.'

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com
I definately am. It's probably a useless phobia, since death isn't something you can evade. I forget who said "Keep death on your left shoulder", but I often use that as an excuse. It means to live every moment to the fullest. I'm still lazy though, so I guess it really is a phobia....

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
No. But my greatest goal is to be lying on my death bed with no regrets. I don't want to say, "I wish I could've--" about ANYthing.

On the other hand, I doubt I'll say, "I wish I had dusted more," either.

DeborahM

I need espresso & chocolate!
Registered
Reaction score
No. If I died soon, there would be no regrets because I've had a full life...however, I know I still have a lot to accomplish and look every day in the face and try to get closer to all my goals.

Reaction score
I think I'm more afraid of living than dying.

Whooaaaa....

I just blew some of your minds.

LeftUnsaid

Registered
Reaction score
I'm afraid in the sense that I am pretty sure I will die young. I have rationalized this irrational fear to extreme lengths. God would not be justified to let me live after spending 23 years wanting to die, sincerely wanting to die. I wake up one day and realize my life's true worth and suddenly I'm to expect that He had been ignoring me all along and now He will listen and let me live? My intuitions and sixth sense has always been sharp. Now that He's let me finish this novel I will be looking both ways before crossing any streets, in the proverbial sense.
I do have reasonings to justify Him allowing me to live, but negative always outweigh positive.
Either way, I may have gotten here the hard way, but at least I have finally reached the point where I honestly value my life, my existence. This isn't to say I'm afraid to die though, I'm looking forward to it. There just happens to be a lot more things I need to do first.

clockwork

In the zone...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
redzonefilm.net
"On her death-bed my mother said to me, 'My God. It's so short.' Of course, it was the sixties and I was wearing a mini-skirt so it's hard to know what she really meant."

I'm a little tired to answer responsibly right now. Will have a think.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
KTC said:
Hey Left,

I spent about 10 years of my life wishing I was dead. THIS TOO SHALL PASS.
I haven't experienced that in my life, but sometimes I do think that the tranquility is much more desirable than the daily struggle to survive. I suppose many people feel this way? But I'm not so much afraid of dying as I am of leaving my kids so soon. I think that would be my demise. So I sometimes distance myself from them because I think if it were great then it would all be taken away from me.

I enstill these same feelings into my characters because they must have the same doubts and fears we as real people do to make them believable.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
KTC said:
I agree Spooky. I am afraid of leaving my kids. I also give my characters the same foibles and fears that I carry around. I figure, if they're good enough for me, they're good enough for my characters.
Isn't that the whole point of being paranoid and crazy with thousands of anxieties? I was thinking about how one of my characters felt about mortality and it brought me here to this thread. If my character is afraid of dying then how (as a human) do I actually feel about it?

Weird...writers...and bringing life to our characters. Yes?

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
DamaNegra said:
I'm actually curious. I want to die to know how it feels. Of course, I am patient, I can wait. :D
Hey, if you die before me I'll bring you back just to kill you! (you're so cute)...:D

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
I'm not afraid of dying, persay. I am comfortable in my beliefs and in an afterlife. I am afraid of dying in a painful, lingering manner from disease. I'd rather be hit by a bus than suffer the way my grandmother suffered this past year.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Shadow_Ferret said:
Yes, I'm afraid of dying. I haven't accomplished any goals in my life. My life is full of nothing but regrets.
But you had sex once, yes? I'd be really pissed to die before losing my virginity.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Jean Marie said:
Gee, I'm so glad I stopped by to read this crap just before bedtime. I'm sure to sleep soundly, now. Thanks, Spooky :e2tongue:
No problem. See you tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.