When it thunders, my earth shakes, and so begins...

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
...another night of abject darkness, where I may be lost without light; without electric I can't communicate and so my world will be a void until the storm passes.

I hear the storm approaching, and make preparations for an evening of solace. This is the first thunder storm we've encountered in a bit, so maybe the hot spell is over?

I can't wait until it cools again so I can wear my sweaters and cover up at night with a quilt.

Spooky

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
You still can, Spooky! Just set the A/C on 60 degrees and light the logs in the fireplace.

Gods! I'd give almost anything for a nice thunderstorm up here in OKC! Send some our way, wouldja?

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Spooky. I love taking out candles a notebook and pencil whenever that happens. It's a welcome gift for a poet at heart. Try it...you might enjoy it.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Ol' Fashioned Girl said:
You still can, Spooky! Just set the A/C on 60 degrees and light the logs in the fireplace.

Gods! I'd give almost anything for a nice thunderstorm up here in OKC! Send some our way, wouldja?
I am turning off the A/C because it is raining! IT'S RAINING! What a relief...

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
KTC said:
Spooky. I love taking out candles a notebook and pencil whenever that happens. It's a welcome gift for a poet at heart. Try it...you might enjoy it.
One thing I miss about living in the UK and Europe is the deary weather which is great for a horror writer. Sunshine sucks! I love rain and fog, some snow, and weather that makes people want to commit suicide.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
chaostitan said:
Somebody needs to whack Spooky with the Happy Stick, and fast.
I used to live a few miles from where Dickens was born. I understand, now, how he could write such great works. He had the best materials to work with...but sunshine and happy people are not very good subject matter. I need deary, depression, and gloom to write my stories.

Happy makes me miserable.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
chaostitan said:
We'll need an image of a sweating writer with big bloodshot eyes, chained to their computer, drinking coffee through an IV.

Anyone good at drawing?
Not me. I am a cardigan guy, cigar, and challet of brandy kind of writer. Hot weather makes me very unproductive and withdrawn.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Shadow_Ferret said:
*hates himself for stooping so low, but feels compelled to say it*

Depends.
I have issues with my colon and can't get anyone with proper grammar to help with my comma splices. So I might be naked and picking my shorts up by myself tomorrow.

Last edited:

Robert Toy

SpookyWriter said:
...another night of abject darkness, where I may be lost without light; without electric I can't communicate and so my world will be a void until the storm passes.

I hear the storm approaching, and make preparations for an evening of solace. This is the first thunder storm we've encountered in a bit, so maybe the hot spell is over?

I can't wait until it cools again so I can wear my sweaters and cover up at night with a quilt.

Spooky
And I thought all Acts of God were bad. Thank you God for keeping Spooky in darkness (BTW - removing the shades may help a bit)

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Robert Toy said:
And I thought all Acts of God were bad. Thank you God for keeping Spooky in darkness (BTW - removing the shades may help a bit)
The shades are a tribute to Roy Oberson.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
A storm, outside, is fighting with every demon of this summer to give us a break from the heat.

Such beautiful power; the rain pouring down violently, wind blowing fiercely, and the press of cold weather returning is exciting because I know in a few more weeks the temperature will continue to fall as an angel who had forsaken virtue.

I can hear the thunder outside, as it slams against the buildings, and shakes my very soul. I am happy now.