Hullo

Status
Not open for further replies.

onka

My name is Roy and I hail from BC, Canada.
I've actually had this link on my website for almost a year and haven't really visited it recently, until now.
Im usually not involved in too many forums, but I feel I need to get my creative juices flowing again and have ended up here.
Seems like a nice enough place.

Of course, I had a question in mind:

Is it possible to begin a short story with a 'stream of conscienceness' type writing style and actually carry that thought/writing process through enough to have a 'complete' story?

It's kind of a loaded question, but I love starting stories with thoughts, but sometimes myself mired down at a point where I am not sure where the characters and plot should go next. Hmm.

Anyways, I'll throw that out there for now.

Maybe I should polish up on my 'story structure' lessons from the past and have an actual pre-concieved notion of what I actually want characters and plots to do, huh?
Cheers,
Onka.

mammamaia

hi, onka...

...and welcome to the board!

as for your question, anything's "possible" but for a new writer to pull off that kinda thing successfully, isn't very likely... it's not a very comfy style for most readers to get through, if done for any length... but, you can always just go ahead and try it, then post a bit here and see what kind of feedback you get...

love and hugs, maia

Status
Not open for further replies.