Hi there! Aspiring author here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

auroratheauthor

hi! i am 17 years old and i have been writing avidly since i was 13. i have been working on my own series since i was about 14. it consists of short stories for each episode, but i recent wrote a novella for it. i was wondering, what kinds of publishing companies publish novellas? (my novella is about 95 pages.) this is my first novella but all the work i've done in my series is like soap opera! i would really like to get my novella published. any help anyone can give me would be useful. thanks!
note--my stories are all fiction, action/adventure.
:rollin

-auroratheauthor

mammamaia

howdy, and welcome!

novellas are probably the hardest fiction to get published, but since you're so young, i'm assuming [correct me if i'm wrong] that your work is aimed at the ya market... and that makes it a bit less impossible, since a 'novel' for that age range will generally run shorter than for the adult mkt...

that said, since novellas are too short to make a whole book out of only one, when they are published, there'll usually be one or two added into a short story collection, or 2-4 in one book, all of which will be by known authors...

a few magazines will publish a novella now and then, but you'll have to google or search through the writers market to find which ones do... you'll need to spend some hours in book stores and the library, to find what's out there that is similar in length/genre/style to your work... then you'll have some publishers to hit with a query...

but, before you go that far, it's always wise to have someone knowledgeable [who's not a friend or family member!] check out your writing to see if it's 'ready' to be submitted...

good luck... love and hugs, maia

auroratheauthor

thanks

ok. thanks very much. i'll keep all that in mind. i apperciate the info.yes, they are for the ya market. i would like to think that more than just people my age and younger would like to read it though.
ok, i'll see what i can do because i would really like to get pubished. i want to share my work with the world, as i'm sure a lot of writers do. thanks againg!

:eek --auroratheauthor

Status
Not open for further replies.