Hi!

• Thread starter MissKathyClarke
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

mammamaia

hi, backatcha, katie!

i'm oooold now [65!!!], but i had 6 daughters, and i mentor writers of all ages from all over the world, who write just about anything that takes words... so, if you want some help from a weird old lady who does it all for free, all you gotta do is ask...

love and hugs, maia
[email protected]

MissKathyClarke

he he my definition of old is when you can't remember anything anymore so your still young ;) Anyway, I'd love to have a mentor! Thanks for the welcome and I will be sure to email you!!

debakdesktop

Newbie on the Block

Hi, I am an aspiring new writer ready to get this part of my life off the ground. I hope I can get help and inspiration from all of you while I work on my writing goals in 2004.

If there is anything I can do to help you in the meantime (i.e. positive reinforcement, critque, kleenex for those rejected queries) please let me know.

Yvonne
Transcriptionist
Offering a Solution 4 U

qatz

Hi Katie, welcome! Saw your name somewhere here and now hey guess what, I am "meeting" you.
The mamma m. is a good one, you can lean on her! And her pasta sauce, from what I've heard ... yum!
There are actually many good people who frequent this site and all of them want to help youngsters like you. There are other youngsters and first-time writers and there are as you probably have figured out accomplished professional writers willing to share their insights and experience.

And then, of course, there's me. I would be delighted to help you out however possible.

Here's what you should do/

First thing to do is, read "Learn Writing with Uncle Jim" in the Novels board! It is long, but it's worth it. Really. Ask mama. It is oriented toward long fiction, but with a decided tendency to help short fiction writers too.
Then read "Learn Writing Without Uncle Jim" ... same board.
The Novels board is the most active and instructive writing forum right now. You'll find kindred spirits there, for example "Sunset Creator" whose name is Laura (she has her own board for people interested in self-publishing, and my thread on language may appear there) and AJ Searle whose name is Amy Jo are two of my favorites. There is also plenty of good free advice. Depending on the kind of writing you're inclined to do, there will be advice specific to that. I can't vouch for everyone on here, after all it's a free country and people say what they want, but for the most part the discussion is humane, enlightened, and non-threatening.

Always feel free to ask me any questions about anything. If I don't know, I will point you to pros who do. You can write me personally, I will probably have a thread here or on Laura's board soon, or just post on either of the other threads I've mentioned and I will see it. I am long winded, and not always right, but I'm good. Or I try to be.

Yours, Eric B.

ps. And Jen is always your friend. She's around here somewhere now, she goes by "absolutewrite" among other names. She's in charge. Go to her if you need help.

MissKathyClarke

I will be sure to contact you, Eric, if I am in need of advice! From my expierience with writing sites, this is the best one I have been to so far. Thank you all for the warm welcome!!

Katie
PS- Check out my spur-of-the-moment short story in the "Share Your Work" forum! :) I need comments!

mammamaia

'bout this, qatz:

"First thing to do is, read "Learn Writing with Uncle Jim" in the Novels board! It is long, but it's worth it. Really. Ask mama. "

don't know what i can tell her 'bout that, 'cause i don't follow jmcd's thread and have never even gone there, that i can recall...

but, if you say it's good, i'll take your word for it...

to you newcomers: glad you're here!:) ... new blood is always welcome and if anyone here sheds a drop of it, you just come tell mama and she'll take 'em on forya!:grr ...

love and hugs, m

absolutewrite

Re: 'bout this, qatz:

Welcome, Katie! Thanks, qatz! And, yeah, I'm impressed with the novels forum-- ever since this board began, the freelance writing board was the most popular, followed by the screenwriting board. But the novels board took off recently because of "Uncle Jim." Pretty neat.

qatz

Re: 'bout this, qatz:

hey, jenna. did you know i'm trying to keep it a secret how much i love you? p.s. lemme know how you're doing, katie.

Status
Not open for further replies.