Visiting and it looks interesting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geezer38

My home board is Easy Street, I'm an old guy that likes to write for the enjoyment of friends. I thought it would be nice to drop in on some real writers and see how it is done.

Most boards want to know a bit about the people that are new and posting for the first time, so I will tell you a little bit about my family so that you will better understand my background.

I'll start at the beginning. My ancestors came from the trees and all of them had long hairy arms as I do because it's really handy for reaching wa-y-y-y-y out for that last fruit out on the end of the branch. After my ancestors became ground dwellers, they moved about a lot and grew long, strong legs as I have so we could run like hell when a big kitty chased us. Later, my ancestors married girls that liked to grow things down by the river. Some of what they grew was good to eat and some of it was good for us and some of it made a mighty fine smoke so we started building houses close to the farms but we didn't lose the long legs and long hairy arms just in case we might need them again.

After that the story gets complicated. First the girls complained about the smoke in the houses from the cooking fires, so we had to invent chimneys; then the girls complained about how dark it was inside, so we had to invent windows; then the girls nattered about how dusty it was, so we had to invent floors. You see what I’m getting at don’t you? They figured that if we were going to grow bigger brains and the bulging foreheads to house them, then we had better use them for more than a decoration, so they kept at us and turned us into a race of inventors, strictly for their own purposes of course.

Did I mention doors? That was one of our early inventions because the baboons kept sneaking in to raid the food supplies. Well after we got the house sorted out, the girls thought furniture and appliances would be nice too and so we built those and then we had to invent all the things the girls needed to cook and clean. As you can imagine, that took quite a while and the girls were having babies like mad and cooking and cleaning and that meant that we had to do the sowing and reaping. Well, now that we have bulging foreheads with bigger brains, we had to invent more efficient farming methods, you know, gang plows and huge tractors and things like that. Actually those were a lot of fun but we didn’t let on to the girls, we just kept on complaining about the workload. Since we were bringing in more food all the time, the girls were having more babies and after awhile, we had to invent cities to house everyone.

That brings us up to near the present time. We thought we had everything pretty well under control, so we took a break and started inventing things we liked, trains, automobiles and airplanes, you know, fun things for guys. Then some damn fool invented the birth-control pill and that liberated the girls from the tyranny of having one baby after the other, which was good, but it had an unexpected side effect. When the girls weren’t tied down with kids anymore, they were bored, so it was back to the drawing board and we came up with TV. You think that would have ended it especially after we invented the remote control, but alas, it was not to be. After a few years of mind-numbing daytime TV, the girls decided they might like to be in the workforce too, and then they found out how much fun it was to invent things too, so now we have to stay at home watching mind-numbing daytime TV and raise the kids while they have all the fun and invent things! Sometimes life just doesn’t seem fair!

Cary

Too funny,Geezer !!!

So tell me,you write humor,huh ?? Color me jealous....the one thing I wish I had more of....an just look at cha!!Struttin like a tom turkey,you should be ashamed!!! That was great! A much needed shot of humor,so late in the day has really perked me up!!! Hang out for awhile!!! ;) :rollin Carybelle
"Queen of Porkopolis"

wwwatcher

Yes!

Yes, come here quite often Geezer and give us some humor!!!

:rollin : :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.