Another Newbie Intro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephenie Hovland

Although I attempted an original user name, I found that every single one I could use to describe myself was already taken. I considered going with my 5 year-old's suggestion -- chicken butt. I think that describes her mentality more than me - but I could be wrong! Anyway, I'm a wife and mom (2 girls) who used to feel very creative - then came the kids! I'm just starting to get back on my creative feet, so this forum is wonderful. I have a writing assignment due in October for a 16-page children's magazine (I write all the content for that month, including poems, activities, and parent's page.) It's a nice little starter for my writing career. The contract is signed and issue almost finished. I also had an editor ask for samples of children's sermons, so I need to work on those as well. I have some picture book ideas and women's magazine article ideas percolating, too. Right now, I'm doing LOTS of reading and researching to see where I want to go with writing. Honestly, there are several things I want to try.

Stephenie Hovland
(the very unoriginal, but very accurate user name):b

Cary

Dearest...'Chicken-butt'....

I think the handle is great,ought to adopt It!! Just an opinion,youll get lots of those here,If thats what your looking for! Seems your already on the 'writerly tract'.Hats off to ya,on the childrens themes.Not an easy gig to write, I would think!! I think womens articles are a great way to get your foot in the door as well.I write horror myself,but try to be varied when It comes to topics an opportunites.Welcome,hope ya like It here,an hang awhile!! Jus wanted to say 'hallow' !!!;) Carybelle

Stephenie Hovland

Thanks Cary. Nice to meet you, too.

If you see "chicken butt" on another forum, it just might be me. The other day, the same "lovely" child told me:

Your butt just gets butter and butter.

I know I don't have a little tiny bum, but it can't be that bad. Or maybe that was a compliment. I have been working out.;)

Stephenie

Status
Not open for further replies.