So i went to meet the agent...

Honey Nut Loop

Registered
Reaction score
...And Mum came too. Eh hem. So what, I'm 19! Mrs Managing director said lots of people turn up with someone first time, even the full grown men. I'm a scaredy cat.

The place was lovely, everyone was really friendly and the room we had the meeting in was filled with books from their authors past and present. Mrs Children's agent, Mrs Assistant and Mrs Managing Director were all there.

In fact the only problem we had was initially getting in the door, as their buzzing through thing was being temperamental.

Anyway, they want me to make some changes, cut the word count, and they're 99% sure that they'll sign me! Halleluiah. I'm on such a high. They all really loved the book (look, I called it a book rather than a long story. I've been denying its book status for a long time. I'm just weird). I had ideas cooking all the way home on the train for the changes they suggested. I wasn't going to type any until tomorrow, but I couldn't resist.

As well as suggesting the changes they were pitching themselves to me and telling me about their reputation, their authors, what they'd do, etc. It was so exciting.

If I could I’d bounce of the walls. Instead I'll shut up now and pretend I'm mature.

Toodles for now,

HNL

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
SUPER ! Oh what fun !!! I'm very VERY happy for you :) :) :) !!!

Provrb1810meggy

Registered
Reaction score
That's so exciting. I wish I could skip the whole query process and be in your shoes right now. I hope that we get to see your book in print.

Jenny

Who should be writing ...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Why pretend to be grown up about it? I'd be bouncing off walls. Fantastic news! :e2bear:

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Gee, so it really can happen? Congratulations, and every success to you.. :snoopy:

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yay! Good for you! When you start feeling like a grown up, PM me about how it feels. I'm 38 and still waiting to find out.

maddythemad

Registered
Reaction score
That is so unbelievably cool! On the one hand I'm very jealous, and on the other I'm very happy for you! Way to go! I'd say this calls for an online party. *Pulls out champagne*

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wonderful news, HNL. If they are selling themselves to you, that is a great sign.