PDA

View Full Version : Travel To Russia

moNkaD8
08-09-2006, 06:23 PM
Please help.Somebody travelled across Russia? How There?I Am going to go here, advise, what route is better for choosing? Of what agency to take advantage? On the internet it is a lot of sites offering these services (gotorussia.com, russia-travel.com, 3btours.com, russia.com, etc.), but it were would be desirable to hear opinion of people which already there.Thanks

Cathy C
08-10-2006, 11:16 PM
I'm going to move this over to our Research forum, moNkaD8. You'll get more responses there.

Zisel
08-11-2006, 12:14 AM
You mean all the way across Russia? Like on the Transiberian railway?

If youíre looking for personal accounts for an article or book youíre writing, then yes, hereís the place.

If youíre looking for trip-planning info (train schedules, what to pack, etc.), though, you might want to try the LonelyPlanet.com forums. Thereís also an active forum at masterrussian.com and although itís primarily for people learning the Russian language, thereís also a place for general discussion where someone can probably give you some travel tips.

Anyway, donít go by marshrutka. ;)

Have fun,
Z

pdr
08-11-2006, 08:07 PM
If you can it's a wonderful way to travel. I went in the original Victorian steam engine with lavish sleeping compartments from Nahodkah, though we had to change to modern engine and train at the first major station stop after one day's travel.

You can hop on and off going to places like Ulanbator (sp incorrect, sorry not at home but travelling and using stange computer whose systems I don't understand! It's that wretched Word!!!) and take as long as you like to cross Russia. There are some wonderful places to see on the way.