Advice from a writer

IReidandWrite

Registered
Reaction score
I met Ron Glodoski, writer of the book 'How to be a successful criminal', at a school assembly last year.

When he mentioned his book, after the assembly, I asked him some general questions on publishing.

"Sounds great," he replied when I mentioned why I was asking. "Kick *** and get published."

That. Was. AWESOME.

And I'm passing it on to all y'all. :)

edit: sorry if i got the wrong forum.

Dpsi4

Registered
Reaction score
Getting encouragement from a professional writer is definitely an accomplishment. Congratulations.

crypticquill

Please don't leave, Mr. Moon
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.writingspark.com
It definitely is. Good deal!

Back during the Sago mining tragedies several, several months ago in West Virginia, I found out that the author of several books (The Rocket Boys being the most acclaimed, and made into a move called October Sky) Homer Hickam, was going to be flying to WV from Florida to speak at the memorial for the deceased miners. He and I grew up in the same small town (about 40 years apart, though!), and though I'd "met" him before, it was only during a festival we have there every year.

I took a chance and emailed him, asking if he would agree to an interview before he went. He agreed, gave a wonderful interview, and wished me luck in my writing career. Even gave me some advice/tips based on how he started out. (He is a rocket - scientist - turned - writer) I was thrilled.