PDA

View Full Version : Of All The Bonehead Moves...

Sonarbabe
08-09-2006, 05:54 AM
We've all had our moments where we've gone "D'oh!" :e2smack: and wish we could take back that moment of stupidity. Today was my day. I was filling out a web form for Prospect Agency and didn't give it a thought that I needed to put the query and synopsis in the same file as my story. I thought that I could scroll down the page and paste it in. WRONG! I clicked "upload" and POOF! The form was submitted....sans query...sans synopsis. :cry: Should I just cut my losses? Email and explain what I did and ask if I can send again? Or just bang my head against a wall and eat some chocolate? :Headbang:

BarbaraSheridan
08-09-2006, 06:20 AM
If you don't hear back in a week I say resubmit it from stage one with a note that you had a "computer glitch". I queried there last year and my file got totally garbled in the process and they sent an email a few days later asking me to resubmit

clara bow
08-09-2006, 06:22 AM
I would just send it again. I'm sure they've seen a few wonky goofs due to technical problems.

Worst that can happen is they say no, right? I doubt you'll get blacklisted for it!

Perks
08-09-2006, 06:26 AM
Oh yeah, send it again. That's an honest goof. Don't even be that embarrassed - that's no big deal.

Sonarbabe
08-09-2006, 07:29 AM
Thanks guys! As soon as I saw the "you should receive an email confirmation soon" message, I grasped the monitor and shouted, "NOO! Wait! I didn't query yet! *add profanities here*" LOL Most sites like this have a space for you to copy and paste the query section and synopsis blurb. I didn't even think about it. Oops. I'll do that first thing in the morning.... with a little "oops" note at the bottom.

Maprilynne
08-11-2006, 07:03 AM
I'll one up you.:) I sent my stuff to Prospect last week and did everything just right. (yea me.) Then a few days ago I decided to send stuff to Levine Greenburg and at the bottom where they have the place to upload the first three chapters I was like, "Hey, I already have that all taken care of from Prospect." So I attatched the file and hit submitt two seconds before I realized my query and synopsis to a completely different agent were also in the file. CRAP!!!! So I resent the whole form with a note in the comments section that I was a dork and attched a file with just the first three chapters. But I am so not depending on a good response from them. <sigh> Just one incident in a long list of mistakes I've been making lately. I need to slow down and breathe more I guess. <big sigh>

Maprilynne