Sent 1st MS out & Received 1st Rejection on Same Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

YogaMama

Registered
Reaction score
I was so excited today. I put the final touches on my first ms. I researched the appropriate pub to send it to. I went to the post office and mailed it. (I even did a secret, modified sign of the cross over it!) I was on top of the world. I was officially a writer!

I got home, got the mail, put it on the table. I was so happy; I had a celebratory wine cooler. I then opened the mail. Thud!

I received a rejection letter from a magazine. I was bummed. Why today? Couldn't I have had one day of glee? I'm better now but thought this would be a great place to share. Timing is everything! Take care all!

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Sorry to hear of your disappointment...and on such an exciting day. Just know that, however corny it sounds, a rejection is something to be proud of. It means you are putting yourself out there. Wear it with pride. Don't let it dampen the excitement of your submission. That's a whole other ball of wax. Best of luck with it!

Stay UP!

Cath

The mean one
Registered
Reaction score
Website
blog.cathsmith.net
KTC is right - you have two causes for celebration! Rejections mean you're putting your work out there - and that's great.

Keep sending em - one will say yes.

YogaMama

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the positive words. I do feel pretty good that I actually sent something out. Sometimes I get lost in the research of the "perfect" place to send it to, I focus less on the peice itself.

Time to refocus and get writing again! Thanks everyone!

Lee_OC

Registered
Reaction score
Same day rejection...yeah I've experienced that. Imo, it's MUCH better than experiencing the same thud after waiting for 4,5,6 or more months.

Scrawler

Bored fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
On the other hand... maybe because you were flying high because of yours MS submission, the drop down from rejection wasn't as bad as it could have been. Nothing like being kicked when you're down.
If you're kicked when you're up, you're still up.

Onward and upward! NEXT!

YogaMama

Registered
Reaction score
You guys are great. It's wonderful to hear positive thoughts. You're all right. I never thought of it as being kicked when I was "up." I guess I'm not down; I am still up.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.