1000 word erotica contest

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
As usual, I'm dismayed at how mild the examples are. This is a pretty soft market, pun fully intended. I've got nothing they'll want. Hell, to me the examples aren't even erotic.

Maryn, more edgy than you'd think (woo-hoo, am I cool yet?)

JanDarby

Registered
Reaction score
Hell, to me the examples aren't even erotic.

I thought the same thing, and then I looked some more, and it seems that this is more of a lottery than a writing competition. Sort of like a radio station that has listeners send in a paragraph on some topic, and then they draw the winning paragraph out of a hat.

Note that the winner is determined, not on literary merit, but on votes:

Yes you should tell every friend, mother, brother, sister and people on the street to vote for your story, but only one vote per person please.

JD

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Great, a popularity contest that settles once and for all who's got the most online buddies.

Not for me.

Good luck to all who think they'll give it a go, though, and thanks to Gillhoughly for passing the info on to us erotica writers sweating and writhing in the trenches.

Maryn, who thinks she just invented a new dance

Bayou Bill

AW Ne'er-Do-Well
Registered
Reaction score
Down so low in Austin, bottom looks like up.
Website
billsbilge.blogspot.com
Maryn said:
Great, a popularity contest that settles once and for all who's got the most online buddies.

Not for me.

Good luck to all who think they'll give it a go, though, and thanks to Gillhoughly for passing the info on to us erotica writers sweating and writhing in the trenches.

Maryn, who thinks she just invented a new dance
Amen. IMHO, Maryn's just telling it like it is. This deal sounds like some Gather.com concoction.

Bayou Bill :cool: