Hi all...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyrandaWrites

...this place is a treasure chest. I just hope I can add to it from time to time. I'm an new old writer. New because I write like it's my first time, old because I've been writing that way for a long time. I'm putting something on the "Share Your Work" section with the hope that someone can show me my weaknesses (just pick one or two, don't be greedy). One I know of that most confuses me, even though I thought I knew the rules, is paragraphing. It's hard for me to determine where a new one should start. Is the line sometimes fuzzy for any of you, too? Anyway, I'm so glad I found this place. All the talent helped me realize that I'm still that "new" writer, but also convinced me that I will learn much if I keep reading.

Stephenie Hovland

Hi Myranda!

I love visiting here, too. Lots of good advice!
I was recently examining some of my paragraphs for the same issue you mention. When I was in school, I could follow those rules fairly easily, so I think that I can pretty much break them up where they feel right. But, when it's a bit fuzzy I sit and analyze them more.

Hope you enjoy your time here.

Stephenie

RottenLuckWillie

Yes indeed, welcome. The more you look, the more you find here.
rlw

MyrandaWrites

Re: Thanks all ..but..

...rtilryarms...where are these crazies? I looked last night when I posted. I found some likely candidates but couldn't be sure. I knew I'd feel at home when I found them. Meantime I just smile, nod, and back away slowly. Anyway-thanks for the welcome guys. :grin Looking forward to some more good reading here.

RottenLuckWillie

Crazies

Myr,
There aren't too many crazies here, just some. Being one of them, I'm qualified to say this, in general terms that is. Specifically, I'd venture carefully into 'Office Party', though.
respectfully submitted
rlw

LiamJackson

Re: Crazies

Myranda, watch out for "those crazies," indeed!8o

That warning from Rtilery is like a diamondback rattler saying "watch out for those mean old butterflies."

That man just ain't right. ;)

MyrandaWrites

Re: Crazies

OK, I took your suggestion to check out "office party" looking for diamondbacks & mean old butterflies, being a couple of my favorite types. Didn't find either and they were a little tight with the coffee-maybe because this is a water cooler-but otherwise they seemed like a real nice bunch. I haven't given up on my search for the crazies though, I sense their presence. I'll be going back for sure.

RottenLuckWillie

The shadow knows...

The crazies lurk in the shadows. Fear them, watch your back, your front and your sides. All at once.
rlw

MyrandaWrites

Re: The shadow knows...

Are you serious RLW? I always thought those things on my back, my front, and my sides were moles.:eek: But you're right, my doctor tells me to watch them, too. (pssst, between me and you, we better watch rtilryarms too-I think his tank is leaking)

RottenLuckWillie

sssssssssssss

Don't know about arty-boy for sure, but I done leaked out long time ago. Tank be empty. Oh, and 10-4 on the moles, 'cept out here in Oreo-gone, we calls 'em gophers. Gotta go now, momma's callin' supper!
rlw

Dancre

hi myranda,
welcome to the group. i hope you don't mind, but i'm moving this question up to writing novels, then writing with uncle jim. that's where you'll find your answer. oh, by the way, don't feed these animals, you might lose your hand. :heart
kim

LiamJackson

Feed the animals? There's food? Where???:smokin

Oh, and Myranda, feel free to drop by the Humor forum. I've a feeling you'll like that bunch.

MyrandaWrites

Thanks, I don't mind a bit that you moved my post there. I added to it as well. I'm thinking I'm the only person beyond the third grade who wonders that. And thanks for the tip about feeding the animals, as a veteran two-finger typist I couldn't afford that.

MyrandaWrites

Thanks Liam. I did. You're right. I can't wait to find the right jumping-in point.:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.