Can someone help me?

Simran

Hi all,

I'm having trouble with the side bar on my blog. I took Google AdSense from the main part and it made a mess of everything. Can someone tell me how to fix it? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks a whole bunch.

PenDragon

Dragon with a Pen
Registered
Reaction score
Website
newadventuresinfantasyfiction.blogspot.com
Hi Judi, I had the same problem with mine, so looking forward to hearing some solutions.

What I did discover though is that different addsens formats that are available don't affect the side bar. So you could pick a differnt addsense set up. Although that's a compromise not a solution.

Cheers,

Lee

KellyC

wearer of many hats
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.2passthetorch.com
Simi - usually the reason that happens is something is too wide to fit (like ads that are too many pixels wide, or a goofy long link), so it just moves the whole darn thing to the bottom. The only piec that looks like it's too wide is the very bottom one that has the temperature (or something like that).

It is so frustrating when you don't know why it's happening. I don't really know much about html. I just get by with trial and error most the time.

Good luck!

Simran

Thanks Pen and Kelly. I had all the side bar items on before I added the Adsense though. How would removing something that was above the main posts affect the sidebar?

Deleted member 42

Think of divs as little boxes. Divs load left to right top to bottom, and, generally, in the order in which they occur in the css style sheet.

Simran

Thanks everyone. I saved the links for the changes that I made and changed the template to another one and then back again. All the changes fit back in and everything is back to normal. Thanks again for your help. :)