First Novel Title

byElizabeth

Writer Unscripted
Registered
Reaction score
Website
mommyetc.blogspot.com
I thought it would be fun to share our first novel titles with each other...for me it's a good "laugh" yet endearing for me to remember my first novel. I finished it at age 13 or 14.

Title: Randi's Will

I found it recently in a move and had a good laugh...when referring to "defibrillators" in a medical scene I said, "Go get the zappers!" HEHEHEHEHE

Anyone else want to join in?

Provrb1810meggy

Registered
Reaction score
The crappiest title ever, Normality, Individuality, and Perfection. I'm just hoping I can get an agent, get a publisher, and then they'll come up with an amazingly fabulous title.

Tre

Bite me!
Registered
Reaction score
Lost in Walmart ripped on mescaline and neosporin
I tried to write a novel when I was about nine. I can't recall the title, but it it was about talking wolves trying to catch a moose. My favorite part was when Tonka, the black wolf, comes running to where the others are eating and there, "isn't much moose left."

At the time, I thought chapters were supposed to only be one page long.

Cath

The mean one
Registered
Reaction score
Website
blog.cathsmith.net
One Murderous Party - shockingly enough, it's a murder mystery (with the twist being that there wasn't any murder). The title's better than the rest of it.

DeborahM

I need espresso & chocolate!
Registered
Reaction score
Mine was: What If There Is No End

Based on the murder of my step-grandmother and the murderer is still walking free to this very day.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
No novels published yet.....

My first novel was titled "Once Upon a Time." (I was 15 ish)
My second novel was titled "Once Upon a Time" (Changed to 'The Prince and Princess")
My third novel was titled "Once Upon a Time" (Changed to Sources' Code, then changed to Alien Source.)
My fourth Novel was titled ..."Once Upon a Time" (Changed to Parallel Course)
My fifth Novel was titled .....SIGH::::::"Once Upon a Time" ( It is not finished yet, but I'm changing it to 'Shiva's Dance)
My sixth novel...in draft form and unfinished....is called
ONCE UPON A TIME. I'll probably change that, too.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good lord, the first thing I wrote? I have no idea what it was called. I was too young and that was too long ago!

My first completed novel-length - as in over 140k (unpubbed) was: When the Stars Walk Backwards.
#2: Nature of the Beast
#3: Keeper
#4: Madness
#5: Dejavu
#6: Tools of Extinction
#7: Sha'erah
#8: The Knowledge of Power
#9: Minefield
#10: Identity
And the one I'm working on now . . . #11: Mick Danger; Private Eye, Ear, Nose and Throat.

Any wonder I'm not pubbed yet? :D

byElizabeth

Writer Unscripted
Registered
Reaction score
Website
mommyetc.blogspot.com
I had a small poetry book published at a small printing press when I was 15 (self-pub obviously)...the publisher's wife titled it and I really liked it...Why Not Innocence.

laurel29

has a lopsided smile.
Registered
Reaction score
Marlys said:
I was 39 when I wrote my first novel. It's called The Price of Temptation. Not a single moose or zapper--how boring is that?
Woah, I jus clicked the link and was wandering around your site and boom I saw you grew up in E-town! My Aunt and Uncle lived on Water Street! I spent all my summers there at our cabin in Lewis. Holy cow what a small world. Now I have to read your book :).

Back on topic - my first title was, The Girl in the Mirror -

NightWynde

Registered
Reaction score
Website
brigitta-m.blogspot.com
My first attempt was when I was 12 and was called "The Ghost From the Stairs" and it was about a girl who was pushed down the stairs by her younger brother and she came back to haunt him. Inspired by the time my brother accidentally knocked me over down the stairs. Granted, the stairs he knocked me down had a grand total of two steps and the injury required maybe, a band aid or two, but in the story it was a grand staircase a la "Gone with the Wind."

My next novel ended up having a very long history. I started it at 15 and it went through several titles, but the only one I can remember is "The Devil's Daughter" and it was based on this girl that acted like my friend but I found out she wasn't and it turned into this convoluted nightmare. 20 years later it still showed no signs of turning into anything worthwhile so I burned it, along with a lot of other stuff.

Clueless2

I'm still writing my first novel and for the life of me I can not think of a title for it, at least one that sounds catchy rather than corny .... is this a bad sign?

Taurus Rising

Registered
Reaction score
My first novel, which deserves its place in a dark box stashed in a dark drawer below a pile of other papers, is titled "Change in the Wizards." The plot revolves around two wizards. The first is older and more courtier diplomat than wizard, he rarely cast spells and enjoys his urban elite lifestyle. The second is a younger and super talented wizard that sees magic as a fancy toy and would rather be following his boyhood dream of becoming an adventuring knight like the rest of his family.

They both are sent as a part of a team to go see if they can confirm that an ancient place is actually there, and see if they can find anything worthwhile there if it does exist. As they do just that, their attitudes reverse. The older begins to enjoy the unique challenge of the wild and how it forces him to think differently use his ability in new ways. The younger finally sees the awesome power of magic at work and, after being grieviously wounded in battle, finds that adventuring is really a dirty business. By the end of the novel, when they're learning of a new expedition, it's the older wizard that's anxious to go travel and the younger, now with a permanent limp, that would rather stay in the city and develop his magic further.

I still like the plot, but at that time my writing just hadn't developed to the point I could tell it well. Odds are I'll revise the whole thing at some point, but I'm all about my wip these days.

FreeStyle

Registered
Reaction score
The first thing I ever wrote was a short story called "Flipper the Whale".:) I was six and actually typed it out on the typewriter. Edited it, retyped it...all that stuff. It's still floating around somewhere in my papers.

The second thing I ever wrote was a short story based on the characters in the movie Splash.lol I was still six when that movie came out. As far as I can remember the story was untitled.

Last edited:

nandu

Registered
Reaction score
I'm still at work on my first novel. It has been in progress for the past 10 years, and maybe it'll take 10 more, as I am so terribly lazy. It's a theme from Hindu mythology, revolving around the death of Krishna.

I've titled it The Broken Flute.

If I get round to finishing it, it's going to be the first of a trilogy ;) .

Nandu.

BottomlessCup

Getting settled
Registered
Reaction score
My first script was ridiculously titled, "Just Another Post-Apocalyptic Love Story."

It was a stage play concerning a man named Clark Kent, who is not, in fact, Superman. A crazy guy believes Clark is Superman and that they are in a bad play. The crazy guy demands that Clark help him kill the writer, who is the obvious cause of the crazy guy's insanity. Hijinx ensue.

It was a mess of a broken-fourth-wall farce and it killed in the small Wisconsin town I went to high school in.

Near as I can tell, the title had nothing to do with the story.

DragonHeart

Oerba Yun Fang
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thefinalfantasy.com
The Legends of Kylista: The Demon Wars - The first version of it, anyways. Very cliche and never got past the fourth chapter, which is likely a good thing.

The second version of it was called In the Shadows: The Legends of Kylista. Original, isn't it? ;p This one also had only four chapters completed.

The same basic story still exists but I've long since buried those two particular attempts, which no longer resemble anything other than the actual development process. I only really keep them so I can see how much progress I've made since then.

~DragonHeart~