Hello all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shells323

:grin Hi everyone! My name is Michelle, but you can call me Shell. I am an aspiring writer. I've written pretty much my whole life (OK since I was about 10). I've had a few poems "published" by an evil, evil place known as The National Library of Poetry before I knew they weren't legit. I can write poetry, I have written short stories, and am working on numerous other stories.
I live in Arizona and work at a job I hate. I've had some college courses, but I have a feeling I'm not made for college. At this point in my life I'm trying to figure out what to go to school for because writing won't pay the bills until you become Stephen King.
I asked myself a question the other day, "How can I turn my love for reading and writing into a career?" I haven't answered it yet, but I think it's the right question to be asking myself.
I love to chat, I take advice any way I can, and I'm not afraid of true critiques.
I'm looking forward to being a part of this place!0]
"The way in which we think of ourselves has everything to do with how our world sees us" -Nietzche

qatz

shell

college can be fun. i think you need it, too. maybe it's just me, but don't burn your bridges before you cross them. it may be the best way out of jobs you hate. how many kids without BAs have good jobs in your area?

wwwatcher

Hi Shell

Hi Shell

I just read that Andre Norton worked in libraries for years. She even worked in the Library of Congress for a while.
Might be something to look into.

Take Care,
Faye

Status
Not open for further replies.