New So Be Gentle With Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimeWriter

I thought I would pop a note in and say hello to everyone. Looks like a very interesting group of people here.

Freelancing4Beginners

Hi!

:) You're both right, this is a very friendly and fun place for writers to hang out.

I try to help out new writers as much as I can. If you ever need any advice, please drop me a line - you can find my email address, free articles for new writers and more at my site: www.Freelancing4Beginners.com.

Take care, and happy writing to you!
Christina

CrimeWriter

Hi!

Thanks Vash and Christina! I'm glad to see you here and hope to hear from you again!

:D

mammamaia

fee or free???

several postings today made me have to check out christina's offer... and i'm still waiting to learn if the help she offers by email is going to be free or if it's a sales ploy for her services, which her site advertises openly...

i mentor aspiring writers of all breeds all over the world totally for free and have done so for several years now, as some here can tell you... i do NOTHING for money... i even house and pet sit all over the world for free... and i always say so when suggesting anyone contact me for private help... so, i'm a bit wary of someone who doesn't state that in their offer...

if not doing so was just an oversight, 'nuff said and i welcome christina with open arms as a fellow mentor-in-good-standing... goodness knows the world could use more who're willing to share their gifts freely!...

love and hugs, maia

ps: for private 100% free, no-strings-attached help with anything that takes words, you can contact me at:
[email protected]

rtilryarms

Re: fee or free???

This is probably Christina Spence-Maharajh.
Looks like she is on the up and up. She has a lot of advice articles for freelancers.

rt

Freelancing4Beginners

I'm on the up & up

Hi again,

I came across this old message while searching online. When I offered the services of mentoring, I did in fact charge a fee, because I simply didn't have time to help without that. Any freelancer knows that it's tough to make ends meet, and that was a paid service. My newsletter, however, was completely free. I haven't written the newsletter in some time, but am hoping to get it back up and running again.

I miss this place, and was glad to find this old message via google! :) I'll be back more often, and I hope all is well with everyone here.

Hugs,
Christina

P.S. Thanks rt, for vouching for me.

rtilryarms

Wow

From last year. :eek

I don't know you personally Christina, but I couldn't find any negative information and these days that says a lot, lol.

Good luck in your business and drop us a line when you get your newsletter back up.

rt

mammamaia

Re: Wow

welcome back, christina!... i was glad to see your explanation, even though i'd completely forgotten having asked for it;) ...

love and hugs, maia

silentriddler

Re: Hi!

CHRISTINA
Great to see you :) . I used to enjoy your newsletter... planning to publish it again???

Anyway, if you're charging for your services, it's none of my business and I'll keep my nose right on my face. You haven't done anything that deserves an explanation - and thank God I didn't find any in your post :smokin

Not everybody is free from obligations and responsibilities.I have a recently unemployed father and a brother waiting to go to college so I understand perfectly about you charging for your services. When others don't, just laugh and think about that girl in fourth grade who was always saying that her handwriting - or her lunchbox or her dollhouse - was better than the next person's (it wasn't; it never is).

Good luck anyway!

Warmly,
Radhika Meganathan
Managing Editor
www.upandp.net

Here's March Madness!

Pre-order the ebook "The Budding Writer's Guide to FREE Workshops and Tutorials on the Net" (.pdf format) and save 25%. If you pre-order the ebook before April 1st, you also enter the draw to win the acclaimed book "Writing Down the Bones" FREE!

For more details, go to -
pages.ivillage.com/jwaala/buyebook.html

Edited because a sentence was repeated thrice.

qatz

Crime and Christina

Hi, Crimer! Welcome!

Christina,

Glad to know you're back in business and charging for your services! You know the old saying, "You get what you pay for!" I am probably a newcomer to the editing and consulting business in your eyes, and, ahem, I charge. My landlord wouldn't have it any other way.

The way of the world is that those of us who have to work for a living have to work for a living. People are funny about what they choose to make a big deal of sometimes. If I was seeking someone out for help with writing, I would want to pay that person a fair price--it's what makes the world go around! If I was seeking someone out to pet sit for free anywhere in the world, on the other hand, I'd have to be nuts! But that's just me.

I am also Rtly's partner in certain ventures, and I know he does damn good work. So I can second his vouch-for. And, lastly, I can say that any friend of Radhika's is a friend of mine!

Freelancing4Beginners

Hello, hello

:grin

Wow, thanks for the warm welcome back all! I would really love to get the newsletter back up and running, and I do hope to eventually. I guess I've gotten in a bit of a writing rut myself - I mostly now just concentrate on writing my column and newsletters, but I miss writing articles. hehe Guess it's time to read some of my old articles on getting inspired, huh?

Anyway, if any of you ever want to keep in touch and just exchange ideas or tips, please feel free to email me at [email protected].

Hugs to you,
Christina

Status
Not open for further replies.