Status
Not open for further replies.

Dancre

Just have fun.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kimkouski.com
I'm a writer wanting to change to Mangas. I have a few questions and I'm hoping you all can help me. I talked to a writer on the Tokyo Pop BB who said I can submit my proposal in Novel form, but my question is how many words equal three manga novels? Is it 95,000 words equal three manga books? I tried to write in script style, but alas, the writer in me took over and the whole thing is in novel form. She said I don't need to include artistry, although it does help. Tokyo Pop has artists on staff who provide the illustrations if my novels are selected. Thank you all for your help.

kim

Sailor Kenshin

I am too on MSN IM! :(
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jaganshikenshin.livejournal.com
Dunno about word count, but GANBATTE KUDASAI!

pcheerleader.gif

sunandshadow

Impractical Fantasy Animal
Registered
Reaction score
Website
home.comcast.net
I've gone from writing novels to mangas, and one manga volume (200pages) can fit about a novella worth of story, so an 80k novel will be at least 3 manga volumes.

Christine N.

haz a shiny new book cover
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christine-norris.com
This is an old thread, but I'm bumping.

TOKOYOPOP is not the only Manga publisher on the block. I actually have started working for Seven Seas Entertainment, doing English Adaptations of their upcoming Light Novel line, stuff licensed from Japan. (I don't work FOR them, but I freelance)

I'm not into Manga, but these LN's are pretty cool.

Anyway, the site is www.gomanga.com and they have a submissions page.

Just another market you might look into. The people I've dealt with there are very nice.

gwendy85

~*Proudly Mestiza*~
Registered
Reaction score
Holy cow!

Thanks for this thread! Manga drawing/writing has always been my first love, but when that didn't work out (bad luck), I turned to writing. This just gave me a little more hope! Thanks!

Do these markets accept international artists/writers?

Status
Not open for further replies.