some sort of mouth device

Uncarved

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Would preferably like one already made over one that he'd have to construct but...

I need a device that would keep a mouth open against the mouth's owner's wishes. I'm thinking there is a medical one out there somewhere. The mouths owner isn't drugged so it would have to stand up to a struggle.

Ideas and inspiration readily needed. I have already thanked you for the massive help on how he's going to get caught. After this question and a bit more research in the local police here, I'm set.

Lloydyboy

Registered
Reaction score
On Bite Blocks

Esophagogastroduodenoscopy procedures require the use of a bite block that keeps the pt's mouth open to allow for the passage of a rather long and obtrusive probe. (insert off-color joke here)

This site has a photo of it.

http://www.slackbooks.com/excerpts/75767/75767.asp

Hope this helps...

Uncarved

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
happen to know how big around that hole is? his "long and obtrusive probe" will be going through it, so it needs to be big enough to accomodate this.

Uncarved

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
there are two bite blocks, one that you actually bite down on that is dental and then the endoscopy one that is an open hole.

The open hole one is perfect and I'm reading up on them now. I think he'll "fit" just fine through it. Thanks so much, I'd not found this otherwise.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
As always. I have the same response to your posts.

Brrrrr. *shudders*

I may be afraid to even read your novel when it comes out.

Ordinary_Guy

Industrial Strength
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
tinasamuels said:
Would preferably like one already made over one that he'd have to construct but...

I need a device that would keep a mouth open against the mouth's owner's wishes. I'm thinking there is a medical one out there somewhere. The mouths owner isn't drugged so it would have to stand up to a struggle.

Ideas and inspiration readily needed. I have already thanked you for the massive help on how he's going to get caught. After this question and a bit more research in the local police here, I'm set.
Oy.

Ya know, you've given some carefully vague descriptions and I still need to scrub my brain. Some of that, though, came from a bit of curiosity.

Here's something else to chew on (so to speak): outside the strictly medical arena (which might involve receipts and a trail that the "invader" doesn't want to leave), there's always the possibility of alternative sources. As in combining "alternative lifestyle" with "marital aids." You might consider googling "open-mouth gag" or "ring gag" – but the results would definitely not be safe for work.

Good Word

still crazy after all these years
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.wordmountain.com
Sheesh. I've just relinquished my Cheerios to the American Standard godhead.

Somebody hold me.

You might just ask your dentist, but be sure to tell him/her why. And do it after she's cleaned your teeth.

I'm getting all hivey, by the way.

gp101

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What about a simple two- or three-inch piece of pipe with a diameter of an inch or less? Would leave more room to work in the mouth if that's what's needed.