Emilie Richards

Status
Not open for further replies.

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I read Ms. Emilie Richards novel 'Wedding Ring' and loved it. So i then went on to her website and signed her guest book saying just that. I was surprised a couple days letter to get a email from her telling me how much she appreciated my kind words :) I though it was nice of her to take the time to thank her fans for their support.

Stacia Kane

Girl Detective
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staciakane.com
I love that! I signed up for Sharon Kay Penman's mailing list a few years ago and left a note saying how much I loved all of her books, and especially how much I like the hero in her medieval mysteries, and got a really sweet email back about how she did too.

Of course, I was too tongue-tied to say much in response...

byElizabeth

Writer Unscripted
Registered
Reaction score
Website
mommyetc.blogspot.com
That is always the coolest when the author take the time to write back their fans. I still have a standing relationship with an author I "met" that way. I didn't realize it at the time I bought his book but he was actually self-published...the novel wasn't the best written but it was a nice story...it made me cry. :) The Shade of the Maple by Kirk Martin if you're interested.

Monet

Registered
Reaction score
When my daughter was a 'young' teenager -- fourteen maybe, she wrote (snail mail) to her favorite author, Johanna Lindsay. Ms. Lindsay wrote a detailed personal (snail mail) letter back to her. To this day, my daughter has the letter and the envelope framed and on the wall of her home office. It made quite an impression on her then, and still does. Not only because Johanna Lindsay is a famous author, but because she took the time to write back to a young teenager, and not only told her about some aspects of her life as an author, but also answered the questions my daughter had asked her.

brainstorm77

Registered
Reaction score
I would definitely treat my fans with respect :) but as of yet i don't have any :( hehehe

Lady Cat

Registered
Reaction score
Website
randomwriterlythoughts.blogspot.com
I think that's great, not just that you got an email in reply, but that you signed the guest book in the first place.

Too often I've enjoyed a book but shied away from letting the author know I appreciated their work. I keep forgetting that as I age, so do my favorite authors. In fact it came as quite a shock when I discovered that a couple of them had passed away.

Well no more procrastinating! I'm going to start sending out fan mail to my favs today! And hopefully, when I become someone's favorite author, I'll get fan mail too.

brainstorm77

Registered
Reaction score
I just love Emilie Richard's writing. Her books really do paint pictures of what she is writing and her characters have left lasting impressions.

Sonarbabe

Working In A Coal Mine...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sonarbabe.com
A few years ago, my father told me that he was in regular contact with a woman who wrote romance books and after speaking with her about me, he suggested I email her if I had any specific questions about the industry. When he told me the woman was Maggie Shayne I about died. :) But, I did email her and she gave me some excellent advice. The first one I took? Join RWA. hehehe So, I know how you all feel.

brainstorm77

Registered
Reaction score
Wow that is great to get advice from a writer like her :)

Sonarbabe

Working In A Coal Mine...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sonarbabe.com
brainstorm77 said:
Wow that is great to get advice from a writer like her :)

She's a very nice woman, personable and funny. From what my father tells me she's very energetic. My husband and I both read her book Twilight Hunger and loved it. (Then again, I spent 7 years in Maine, so I paid very close attention to her details on the setting and she did a good job too!)

brainstorm77

Registered
Reaction score
Thats the way i feel about Emilie Richard's books i love every word :)

Status
Not open for further replies.