What would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherri234

I received a cookbook from a company and that was payment for a hint I sent them. The thing is, I didn't send it to their cookbook part, I sent it to their magazine which pays. The cookbook was the payment. I didn't give them permission to use it anywhere else. Should I write and ask them to consider paying me for said tip since I had ony submitted it to the magazine. Your thoughts please.
Thanks much.

sherri234

Thanks very much. Maybe I will send a letter. Appreciate your advice.

mammamaia

dear sherri...
what you need to do is go back and read their submission guidelines carefully and see if that book is their normal payment procedure for 'hints'... it may well be...

if, however, it says such things are paid so much per word or per piece, then you can reasonably request an explanation for having been sent the book instead of a check...

i'm puzzled by the sequence you mention, though... did you send an unsolicited piece of work to them?... or did you query first?... did they send you any notice of acceptance?... and if so, didn't it specify what the payment would be and where your piece would be published [in mag or book]?... WAS your piece published in either one?...

read the fine print of their submission guidelines and if you still have questions, let me know how you came to send that piece to them... with answers to the above questions, i can give you more valid advice as to how to proceed...

love and hugs, maia

sherri234

Thanks much for your helpful post. At this point, I don't think I'll pursue it. Sure appreciate your input, though. Have a great day.

Status
Not open for further replies.