Pimp My Book/Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Do you have problems with your book or short story? Is it boring, old, too serious, too short, full of bumpy prose, etc., or do you just want it to be more exciting or funny?

No problem. Just pop in here and describe your book or story, the characters, the setting, the plot, etc. I, Xziled Muscle Guy, will Pimp it up just for you.

This doesn't have to be your real book or short story. It can be, but if you don't want to, just make something up, post it, and see how I pimp it up.

Peace.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, good.

I'm writing a fantasy (a trilogy of course). The story is about a young nobleman named Zanulano who has special powers, but, alas, he doesn't know how to use them yet. He is befriended by an old wise man who lives in the forest named Zatyurpia. Zatyurpia sends the young noble on a dangerous journey to Clevelania, where he must slay the seventeen-headed goat-head creature; then win the love of fair and beautiful maiden Donna; decipher the secret code written on the bathroom stall; then steal the sword of Botqualla. Then, and only then, will he be able to unlock the secret to using his powers and save the kingdom from the repossession man. Unbeknownst to the young Zanulano however, the evil warrior (and tax collector), Irsua also desires the sword of Botqualla and to claim the powers he feels are rightfully his because his brother-in-law said so. Irsua devises a devilish plan to snare the noble Zanulano!!! (this is the really exciting part . . . that's why I used three exclamation points!)

I've gotten the 46-page prologue written but can't seem to get any further. I'm planning on using a round-robin of POVs in order to show what each character is thinking, doing, and thinking of doing, and might have done, at all times.

I think it needs pimping? What do you think?

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Okay!

In the Share... forum I have a short short under womens fiction--The Birthday Fairy--have fun with it, I'd love to see how you pimp Robiea. :D

Terri

PS. Post it here for all to see.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
writerterri said:
Okay!

In the Share... forum I have a short short under womens fiction--The Birthday Fairy .
I love Under Women's fiction!

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
writerterri said:
You weren't supposed to make it so obvious! I told you that last night.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, like, I have this story idea - it's about a girl . . . no wait, a guy. Yeah, a guy who, like, I dunno, does some heroic thing and gets paid.

Okay like maybe he, like, saves a fair princess or something.

Do ya think that one needs work?

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
MidnightMuse said:
Okay, like, I have this story idea - it's about a girl . . . no wait, a guy. Yeah, a guy who, like, I dunno, does some heroic thing and gets paid.

Could you make her obsessive about her weight? Like Bridget Jones' Diary? That adds interests and qualifies it for the Oprah Show.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Here's the logline for my sci-fi story:

"It's like Starship Troopers, except that it doesn't suck."

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
MidnightMuse said:

The guy HAS to have sex with her. His payment, I suppose.

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
writerterri said:
I don't want sex in mine or cussing, please. :)

Fine, I will spare thee, even though that was kind of the point of this thread. ;)

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
TsukiRyoko said:
:D I like this thread.

I've been dying to do a "Pimp My Ride"-type thread for a while now. :D

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com
Pimp my (false) story! It's about the world's littlest bean travelling to India on a magical wagon. The little bean is then put through all sorts of adventure, such as an nautical adventure when he's captured by corrupted sailors, then engulfed in a shower of meteors, and God trying to slap him from the face of the Earth- literally. Finally, the little bean dies. He falls into a puddle of nuclear waste, then is covered by a virus. The virus mutates into hundred of radioactive, and hungry, giants. The bean is finally eaten.

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
TsukiRyoko said:
Pimp my (false) story! It's about the world's littlest bean travelling to India on a magical wagon. The little bean is then put through all sorts of adventure, such as an nautical adventure when he's captured by corrupted sailors, then engulfed in a shower of meteors, and God trying to slap him from the face of the Earth- literally. Finally, the little bean dies. He falls into a puddle of nuclear waste, then is covered by a virus. The virus mutates into hundred of radioactive, and hungry, giants. The bean is finally eaten.

Xziled Muscle Guy is here. What your littlest bean needs is a sidekick! And what better sidekick is there but a girlfriend? That's right, a girl bean! Then they have to have sex and make lots of little baby beans. Make the radioactive giants all duplicates of Grawp and have them fight over who gets to eat the bean. Then describe the bean's journey through the digestive system of the radioactive giant.

There. That should be Pulitzer material right there.

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com
Should the girl bean be the world's second second smallest bean, or should she be a big old bean? To add in for controversy, mayabe the littlest beqan has a fetish?

Ah, I think that would be a Pulizter right there....

Lyra Jean

Two years old now.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beyondtourism.wordpress.com
Here is mine

Boy has parents who suck. They don't like the kids so boy raises his sisters. Then family moves and parents are like I want to be a mommy and daddy now. You are a child and you don't know anything. Then a blizzard comes and kills everyone in the family except the boy. Boy now feels guilty and thinks it's all his fault.

Have fun and yes it is a real short story.

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
TsukiRyoko said:
Should the girl bean be the world's second second smallest bean, or should she be a big old bean? To add in for controversy, mayabe the littlest beqan has a fetish?

Ah, I think that would be a Pulizter right there....

Perfect. I think she should be a big old bean. And yes, the littlest bean should have a fetish. Controversy is good.

NightWynde

Registered
Reaction score
Website
brigitta-m.blogspot.com
Ok, here's one that I'm stuck on, have fun with it since I don't like the way it ends.

There's this boy named Pete who loves baseball. He loves to play baseball. He loves to watch it on TV. He's memorized the stats. The whole shebang. Only problem is that Mom won't let Pete play outside. Oh, Pete's not sick or anything, he just takes after his father.

Mom didn't always know what Pete's father was, but after he skipped out on her, she figured it out pretty quickly.

Pete, meanwhile, has done the following to get himself on perpetual house arrest: grafitti'd his neighbor's home with all sorts of swear words (typical pre-teen rebellion until you take into account that it was done in blood) bbq'd the family dog (it was an annoying little poodle, so he could have been forgiven for this transgression) and last, but certainly not least was caught with what was believed to be the skull of a missing neighbor kid (guess he shoulda cleaned out the toy box eh?).

Anyway, Pete still wants to go outside. Mom still thinks it's a bad idea. Poor Pete wants to play baseball so bad that he cracks his brand new birthday bat on his Mom's skull.

Oh yeah, and there's something in there about how Dad was a demon and Pete saying how he wasn't like his Dad because Dad let Mom live, ergo Pete wasn't about to repeat that mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.