PDA

View Full Version : FADE

Lloydyboy
08-04-2006, 06:07 PM
Has anyone ever read FADE by Robert Cormier? It was very well done. Would make a cool film.

Ordinary_Guy
08-05-2006, 01:22 AM
Has anyone ever read FADE by Robert Cormier? It was very well done. Would make a cool film.
Never read it. What's it about?

soloset
08-05-2006, 03:41 AM
I read it, a long time ago in high school. It was kind of disturbing, if I remember right -- it didn't really stick with me.

ETA: It wasn't *that* long ago. <g> I remembered the description of the family photo in particular (from Amazon) -- that's about all I remember about it too.

Lloydyboy
08-06-2006, 02:50 AM
Its about a young boy, who discovers via his uncle, that he has a rare gift the ability to turn invisible, or to Fade as his uncle puts it.

He experiments with this newfound skill, and in doing so, discovers things about people, and what they do behind closed doors, that has a profound effect on him.

I read it quite a while ago but it has always stayed with me.

Good Word
08-06-2006, 07:12 AM
That sounds pretty interesting, and right up my alley. When my sister and I were kids (I'm six years older) I'd tell her I was magic and could make her invisible. She could see herself--even in the mirror--but no one could see her. I thought I was really pulling her leg, but now I'm guessing that she was pretending to believe me.

I'll have to check out that book.

Welcome to AW, Lloydyboy!

Lloydyboy
08-06-2006, 06:04 PM
Thanks!