Tickled Pink

bison

Registered
Reaction score
The Director of Theatre at a local university has agreed to have her class do a reading of a two-act play I wrote.
I can't wait to hear it spoken by real people, no matter how informal it may be.
We will conduct the reading on their stage, but, obviously with no props. The class will get the experience and I'll get the critique.

Ameasha

Registered
Reaction score
Kudos for You

Excellent news bison and good luck!! It's always a great feeling to get recognition in any amount. I haven't been here much because I'm on the final draft of my fantasy novel The Calling and I have written a horror stage play titled 13 for production in India and it's scheduled to open on Friday April the 13th 2007 and then it will go on tour and I am absolutely ecstatic over that. It is my first play and I got it by chance. I'm in another group and the producer and directer asked if there were any playwrights in the group and no one answered. So I thought I would give it a try and told him this was my first. We chatted for awhile and he gave me the characters and their background and I suggested to leave them with me and I would beef them up and flesh them out. When I did he was totally blown away and gave me full rein.

I don't really know the business and all the ins and outs, but he was really happy and has me listed in the review and credits as playwright. I don't know if this is what's called a lucky break or what, but he has more for me to do in the future, plus it has ignited a fire in me to write stage plays and
I'm working on one of my own right now.

So if you have any tips or techniques, it would sure help me out.
Kudos for you!!!
Ameasha

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, bison.

ac

bison

Registered
Reaction score
Right back at you, Ameasha. That's awesome.
Best of luck. Don't you love it when a plan comes together?

:hooray:

ddgryphon

King of Sloth Town
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
YES! Congratulations, this will be an excellent experience for everyone involved.

Good for you and good for the professor and students.

Greasy Spoon

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations Bison!

I just had my first reading a little while back (my post about it was lost in the most recent board malfunction :() and it was a great experience.

One suggestion from that is to give all the participants a way to contact you after the fact. Some of my most useful feedback came a few days later when one of the actors had had lots of time to reflect.

Best of luck and have fun!

(Congrats to Ameasha as well, of course. That sounds like a great first opportunity, and Ontario is a great place to be developing as a playwright. Best of lick to you, too.)