Anyone using Geocities blog?

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just a quickie question - I have a blog at blogspot, haven't updated the thing in a while (I'm a bad, bad girl) and I also have a web page at Geocities, the one you pay for so there's NO adverts on it.

I noticed a little while ago they've added a blogger to their options - and a tiny voice inside suggested I should move my blogspot blogging body over to my own web page and use the blogger there.

It's all so bloggy to me right now :D

Anyhoodle, has anyone here tried their blogger doohickey? I'm still wondering if I should even bother to blog at all, but a few people who read by musty one have been asking where the heck I dropped off too. So before going there, I pondered moving it to geocities and merging my blog with my web page.

Anyone ever use that version?

Cath

The mean one
Registered
Reaction score
Website
blog.cathsmith.net
Not quite sure I understand what you mean, MM.

I use Blogger to add/edit my blog, but it's hosted on my own web-site. (You can click on the link in my sig to see what I mean). I think that's what you're asking.

It works just as well as hosting on Blogger, but in my experience, takes a little longer to update (a matter of a minute, not much). Otherwise I'm happy.

I know it's not geocities, but I hope that helps. :Wha:

Incidentally, it's not just geocities - if you go into the blogger control panel and select "publishing" under the "settings" menu, you can choose to publish via FTP on pretty much any host, I believe.

(btw - apologies if this is completely irrelevant!)

Last edited:

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, yes and no :D

My blog is **** @ blogspot.com

My web page is ***** .com

I have a link from my page to my blog, but now Geocities has a blogging function of their own, that I can just put right there ON the page, with no delays in updating.

Actually, I should just can the whole blog idea. I really should destroy the web page, too . . . but I waffle.

Though I prefer pancakes, I all too often waffle.

ETA: What I really mean is: I'm considering deleting my blog, and starting fresh using Geocities blog. Then putting blueberries on my waffle.

Cath

The mean one
Registered
Reaction score
Website
blog.cathsmith.net
How about linking between the two - the blogspot one isn't going to disappear anywhere - and you might be able to transfer your readers (if they're still checking the page of course!).

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, thing is, my page is my name - my blog I picked (don't ask) a really stupid name that doesn't match.

No worries -- I think I'm blathering today :D I really should just forget the blog and keep updating my peeps at the page's News section.

mdin

The late, the great XThe NavigatorX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
I don't know anything about Geocities blogs. However, you can change your xxx.blogspot.com address in your Blogger control panel, which will let you keep all your old posts. Settings--->publishing---> there's a form to change the url from xxx.blogspot.com to yyy.blogspot.com.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, cool. Thanks :) I'll check that out tonight and change the name.