Blogging at myspace

K-Mark

Philly Phanatic
Registered
Reaction score
I need to write an article about blogging at myspace. I have to interview three bloggers. Just a few quick questions. Does anyone blog there? If you do, let me know if you can help.

Thanks

K-Mark

Philly Phanatic
Registered
Reaction score
It's just a few light questions for a small (500 word article). Nothing heavy. I'll PM you. Thanks.

nancy02664

Baby Name Maniac
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nancy.cc
I do also, but it's not really 'blogging' -- more like a few quick notes now and again. Never long entries. (Here's my page, if you want to see what I mean: http://www.myspace.com/nancyrcallahan). If this counts as blogging for your purposes, I'd be glad to help. :)

Edited to add: I'm getting on a plane in a few hours, so if you'd like me to answer questions and you need them soon, please PM me as well and I'll get back to you asap...

Last edited:

TemlynWriting

The Tony Award-winning
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.temlynwriting.com
Feel free to PM me, as well. I blog there to update my family and friends (that's all I add to my main MySpace, anyway--people I know in real life). I used to blog elsewhere about personal issues, but got tired of sharing those things with strangers. I still publicly blog for my writing colleagues, though, but I use MySpace to update family and friends about things.

Deleted member 42

I hesitate to call what you can do at MySpace blogging; mostly because of the archive issue, and the inability to link in a side bar.

I go back and forth on this; I would suggest that if someone wants to blog, they would be better off using Blogger, or LiveJournal, or any number of alternatives, before MySpace which has a UI designed by a drunken chimp.

TemlynWriting

The Tony Award-winning
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.temlynwriting.com
You're quite right, Medievalist. I really don't consider what I do at MySpace to be "blogging," but updating my loved ones, kind of like a mass Christmas letter or something. I definitely agree that real and better blogging tools are available elsewhere.

Of course, I use MySpace so differently than most others that I know. I've only added people that are real-life friends and family. It's become like a free Classmates.com for me, or something along those lines. I've gotten back in touch with many old friends, and am able to touch base on a regular basis with my family, despite how far apart we all live from one another.

K-Mark

Philly Phanatic
Registered
Reaction score
Julia,

Thank you for your reply. I got what I needed from some people here, but your offer is appreciated.

razibahmed

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Website
hobbyecon.blogspot.com
Medievalist said:
I hesitate to call what you can do at MySpace blogging; mostly because of the archive issue, and the inability to link in a side bar.

I go back and forth on this; I would suggest that if someone wants to blog, they would be better off using Blogger, or LiveJournal, or any number of alternatives, before MySpace which has a UI designed by a drunken chimp.
Yes, I agtee with you and I like Blogger most for two reasons. Uploading image is easy in Blogger and here you can easily put Adsense. I think because of two reaosns Blogger still dominates.