Greetings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poe Me

Hello...I'm not really new to this forum. I've been reading Absolute Write for quite some time and lurking in the various forum pages. I decided it was time to come out!

I'm a published writer of short stories, (An even dozen now!) and 2 poems. I've always loved reading and writing and talking. I lean toward SF and fantasy but have also been known to do horror and mixed genres. One of the novels I'm working on is a historic western. Another involves spontaneous combustion. So you can tell my interests are many and varied.

I'm a single parent of one terrific son who just graduated from high school. (I'm so proud!) He's off to college this September without even a thought about leaving his poor little old mother behind. But that is a good thing and is as it should be.

I'm looking forward to participating in the many ongoing forums here and hope to make some new friends.

Poe Me

mammamaia

welcome, poe!

sounds like you'll have some good, experience-fueled advice to dish out... glad to have you aboard [and 'out' finally]!

love and hugs, maia

Poe Me

thanks

Thanks for the welcome, maia!

I don't think I'm any more experienced than anyone else. I'm learning everyday. Being a writer is all about learning, don't you think? It seems to be a continually changing field, somewhat based on what's popular at the moment but at the same time one needs to know and understand the works of the great masters. I think I can learn a lot from you folks!

Poe Me

"The same hammer that shatters the glass also forges the steel."

Status
Not open for further replies.