WD article on memoirs

awatkins

Not harboring illegal parrot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
There's a good memoir-related article on WritersDigest.com. I thought it might be interesting to some of you who are thinking about writing personal memoirs.

Here's the blurb from the website: "The authors of two explosive memoirs talk about the fears that held them back—and why they wrote their books anyway. Could telling your own story be the corrective you need, too?"

The piece is titled Spilling Secrets.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Thanks for the heads up. I love reading about memoir writing. I'm gonna check it out.

L M Ashton

crazy spec fic writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lmashton.com
Thanks for the link. :)

You've now given me something else to think about, like maybe this is what's holding me back. Maybe I need to write a memoir, too, but damn, it would be... hell. Not that I would necessarily publish it, or publish it under my own name, but maybe the writing of it would be enough. I don't know.

But that leads me to another question. If it ever was published, I wouldn't want it published under my own name. I think "Anonymous" would be best, personally. Since I am not published, I don't know how the copyright notice on the inside flap would be handled, since that usually shows the author's name. What, then?