Silly Pets Photo Contest--short deadline

awatkins

Not harboring illegal parrot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Is that the only bird picture? It's the only one I saw when I was there yesterday. Guess I need to send in one. Thanks, oarsman. :)

No more catnip for you, ac!

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Well, with 1766 pictures uploaded this week.... I gave them one (one I don't mind tossing away all rights to) but I am not holding my breath ;)

oarsman

Salt water is the cure
Registered
Reaction score
awatkins said:
Is that the only bird picture? It's the only one I saw when I was there yesterday. Guess I need to send in one. Thanks, oarsman. :)
No more catnip for you, ac!

There are mostly cat and dog pictures. The contest needs more birds. I did see a pet chicken in there somewhere.

oarsman

Salt water is the cure
Registered
Reaction score
bubblegirl said:
I have cute pictures of my dog, but how many other people have put hats etc on their dogs? lol

We used to dress up our German Shepherd in sunglasses, hats, tshirts, coats, and anything else we could find. It made some funny photos...maybe we like to make our pets look more like people (but with a long nose and a hairy face) . :D

bubblegirl

Resident Bubble Girl
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bubblegirl.net
I do worse. For example, the cover of Doggy Diary is my little Lhasa in a baby's nightie.

http://www.bubblegirl.net/Doggy.php

Then there's the christmas card I made for my friends:
http://www.bubblegirl.net/Xmas.jpg

And an easter card:
http://www.bubblegirl.net/easter05.jpg

My dog is very patient and wears clothes every day. When she was little she was very sick and the cold can play with her immune system. We keep her warm. She is sheared very short due to matting (and my inability to use conditioners and soap-based products), so she has a new chic look. I groom her so it had to be quick and easy. I must put a pic up of the new hairdo.

oarsman

Salt water is the cure
Registered
Reaction score
bubblegirl,
I like the baby's nightie on your Lhasa. She looks like a baby with a beard. :D For your Christmas card, it looks like you couldn't decide if she is a devil or an angel. Maybe she's a little of both?

It's fun to have a pet that is patient with clothes. I tried to put stuff on my cats, but they do everything possible to get it off. They don't even tolerate collars.

bubblegirl

Resident Bubble Girl
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bubblegirl.net
Yes, it seems cats are quite the escape artists. I put a sequin scarf on my cat and she clawed my shoulder and yowled while we took the photo. Maybe dogs are so willing to please they are willing to forgo their dignity?

BrandLee is mainly an angel. Only during meals is she the devil, defending the food from the German shepherd. He would never hurt her or take her food, yet her "typical female" nature has to growl and warn him off. Speaking from a female body, I tend to agree! (joke!)

German shepherds are beautiful dogs. We put a tracksuit top on ours. It fitted nicely and it looked great. He looked like he had actual shoulders. Wish we'd photographed it!

S.

oarsman

Salt water is the cure
Registered
Reaction score
bubblegirl said:
BrandLee is mainly an angel. Only during meals is she the devil, defending the food from the German shepherd. He would never hurt her or take her food, yet her "typical female" nature has to growl and warn him off. Speaking from a female body, I tend to agree! (joke!)

Yes...I understand. I've heard that growl before and it wasn't from the dog. :D

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Speaking of photos of animals . . . I have my cat on the Kittenwars website ( www.kittenwars.com ). Uh, she's currently losing. It's hard to compete against those kittens in shoe boxes and kittens in Christmas ribbons and such. My photo was just one I had on hand.

This is my kitty Anna (when she was about eight months old): http://kittenwar.com/kittens/37710/

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And it's an excellent way to waste an hour of your life voting for cutest kitten.

ac

oarsman

Salt water is the cure
Registered
Reaction score
It looks like most of the "Winningest Kittens" are doing something with their paws in the air: rubbing their eyes, holding them up in the "freeze" position, putting them on their head.

Maybe you should get Anna to reach for a ping pong ball instead of the marble act...or how about turning the photo sideways?

Yes...I am wasting too much time looking at that web site.