Hi Everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iggmoe

First off, I just want to say that I'm happy to have found this great community on the web. After reading a bunch of the posts, it seems that there are a lot of friendly, enthusiastic, and helpful people here, and I look forward to getting to know you and making a positive contribution.

Here's a little about me:

I am a year (almost to the day) out of college, having majored in electrical engineering. The tech industry isn't doing very well right now (possibly the understatement of the year), and I've decided to return to my roots -- writing!

I have been an avid reader since as far back as I could remember, devouring any book I could get my hands on: sci-fi, fantasy, horror, mystery, you name it. I wrote my first short story in 8th grade (it was a 30-page time-travel tale, but the assignment was for 5 pages) and that was when I got enamored with the possibility of someday becoming published.

And then college came along, and I picked a major that was all MATH, MATH, MATH. Needless to say, it was hard to find time to write during that period.

Now that I'm free (and unemployed), I hope to finish a children's adventure novel sometime in the next few months (tentatively called Randall the Lizard Catcher. Douglas Adams, Terry Pratchett, and J.K. Rowling are the three authors I admire most, and I hope someday to be able to produce a book with their same humor, imagination, and wit.

Well . . . that's it. I hope to hear from you guys soon!

-- Adrian Abordo

mammamaia

welcome aboard, abordo!

it's a funky ship at times, but weathers storms well, and both passengers and crew are a mostly congenial lot... we've a loon or two lurking in the scuppers, but they're pretty harmless and keep us from getting too serious about ourselves...

so, sit back, relax, and enjoy the voyage!

love and hugs, maia

Iggmoe

Re: welcome aboard, abordo!

Thanks, Maia. LOL. That's how friends in high school used to greet me: Welcome Abordo!

I hope to post something in the Share Your Work forum soon.

Flawed Creation

Re: welcome aboard, abordo!

welcome to absolute write!

Status
Not open for further replies.