Hi! Trading TV for Mags!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bescarce

Hello! I'm so glad I found this site!!

I worked as a producer in tv news for about 8 years and am now freelancing for a local magazine (in Az).
After leaving the field I thought I'd be in for life, getting married, and going through treatment for breast cancer, I find that I am not the same woman I was. I don't seem to handle stress like I used to (fed off it) so freelance writing seems to be a perfect fit.

A former co-worker is now editor of Latino Future and asked me to freelance. This is my first experience with print media. I've written five articles so far and am hoping I can parlay this into a new career! For any of you familiar with tv, you know that our writing is horrid as far as grammar/style/punctuation goes so that will be a big hurdle for me.

That's my life in a nutshell! Hope it wasn't TMI!
Bianca Escarcega
:snoopy

mammamaia

bienvenido, bianca!:welc ... i think you'll like it here... best of luck with you new career and congratulations for dealing so well with life!:trophy ...
love and :hug s, maia

Maryn

Former Arizonan Homesick

Nice to have you join us, Bianca, and we hope you stay healthy and write happily for many years to come!

I'm so nosy--where in Arizona, if you don't mind saying? I ask because I grew up in the Phoenix metro area, then lived in Tucson for many years. Although I've been away now longer than my total stay, I still think of Arizona as home.

I mean, this place is pretty, I suppose, but there's no drama!

Maryn, transplanted

bescarce

Thanks for the 'welcome'!

Hi Maryn! Right now I live in North Phoenix, but I lived in Tucson for two years while attending UofA and then moved back up to Phx. Anytime you feel like getting good and hot... come on back!

Bianca:grin

Maryn

Good and Hot...

Hmm, considering that where I live now we have pretty severe winters, I think the time I'd like to get good and hot is probably February... Plenty of time to make up the guest room!

Maryn, who last visited Arizona during July (funerals don't wait)

Status
Not open for further replies.