Sorry, but my children bore me to death!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
One wonders if we'll be reading about those boys later on in life. Perhaps under the heading: Serial Killers claim "Our Mother Was Bored By Us."

Mumsie's remains will be found in several jars in the basement.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
MidnightMuse said:
One wonders if we'll be reading about those boys later on in life. Perhaps under the heading: Serial Killers claim "Our Mother Was Bored By Us."

Mumsie's remains will be found in several jars in the basement.

But by that very statement, you will have proved that their mother will, in the end, find an activity to share with her offspring.

The fact that she will be bored to death by the activity is irrevelent.

whistlelock

Whiskey Rebel
Registered
Reaction score
Somehow I ended up in Fort Worth. Dunno how that h
The poor dear. How has she survived this long?

The nanny was dispatched in my place,
oh, that's why.

I'm sorry but I have a belief that when you have kids- it stops being about you.

No one said that the kids would be an endless ball of fun.

And if she didn't like it, she shouldn't have had two.

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Is it me, or do the kids in that picture look a lot younger than twelve and ten? If Mum purposely planted a several years-old photo with the story, she may be even more superficial than she admits.

Then again, my avatar photo is a few years old...

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Realistically, she'll just have two kids who grow older, don't want to visit home because it's boring, & then she'll be crying that they don't pay her enough attention or see her enough. That's the typical flip in these situations.

davids

Banned
Reaction score
Eeeeooowh-did not realize that they had valley girls in London-love means being a part of-good-bad-or indifferent-I wonder if she has pets that she ignores-probably not -as after all-for most Europeans pets are much more important than children-writer? Yah Hitler was published as well

Forbidden Snowflake

I'm quite put out.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vinjii.ch
What the hell did that woman got children for?

@davids: That's a bloody lie and unjust on top. Europeans don't love their pets more than children or whatever, don't talk such nonsense, please, that's offensive.

laurel29

has a lopsided smile.
Registered
Reaction score
I have to admit that at times I really don't want to go to another birthday party but it was in the job description (I guess she didn't read the contract) I'm not the best mom, I have four kids and between you and me sometimes I want to go hide somewhere. It is just a lot to have to continually give up everything for someone else. Right now, I'm stealing this time. It doesn't belong to me, I shouldn't be using it to type a message on a forum. My time should be used for constructive purposes only, this means cleaning something, cooking something or helping someone tie their shoes. Anytime they are all otherwise occupied that I fail to preform a neccessary task is time that I have stolen. Unfortunately I must pay it all back later, (scrubbing tiolets at 2 am *sigh*) but if I don't steal a little back for me I become a machine not a mommy. It is all about a balance I guess, that lady seems to have been a womb but not a mother.

Elizabeth Slick

Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethslick.homestead.com
laurel29 said:
I have to admit that at times I really don't want to go to another birthday party but it was in the job description (I guess she didn't read the contract) I'm not the best mom, I have four kids and between you and me sometimes I want to go hide somewhere. It is just a lot to have to continually give up everything for someone else. Right now, I'm stealing this time. It doesn't belong to me, I shouldn't be using it to type a message on a forum. My time should be used for constructive purposes only, this means cleaning something, cooking something or helping someone tie their shoes. Anytime they are all otherwise occupied that I fail to preform a neccessary task is time that I have stolen. Unfortunately I must pay it all back later, (scrubbing tiolets at 2 am *sigh*) but if I don't steal a little back for me I become a machine not a mommy. It is all about a balance I guess, that lady seems to have been a womb but not a mother.

That is funny, and I can totally relate! This isn't my time, either. It is so true! ;)

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
"...my son turned ten just the other day. He said, 'Thanks for the ball, dad, come on let's play..."

Some people aren't cut out for parenthood. Sometimes they know ahead of time - sometimes they don't. But either way, once they're there, you gotta learn how to deal with it or everyone ends up unhappy.

My .02. YMMV

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've met a few women in my life who became mothers just for show. "Look, I've got kids, too."

Oh, but do you actually talk to them, play with them, take them places, take an interest in them?

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sheesh. That article does make you wonder why bother with kids? Who ever promised her that life was exciting and fun all the time? Um, maybe she finds them boring because she doesn't actually know anything about them or spend any time with them. Here's a clue: When they've stopped asking you to go places with the or play games with them it's because they know you don't like them. (As if writing an article for publication about why you don't like them isn't enough of a clue.) When those kids turn 18, expect them to be out the door. Don't expect to hear from them again. Don't wait for any Christmas cards. Don't expect them to visit when you end up in a home. You are a stranger to them. Don't be shocked when they treat you like one.

FYI- that was a Mommy Rant at the article writer. Not anyone here. I understand about not having an free time. Balance is hard. For my sanity, I've learned how to let some things go. If the dishes stack up occasionally, I don't freak about it. You can make yourself a slave to certain notions of perfection.

Last edited:

whistlelock

Whiskey Rebel
Registered
Reaction score
I grew up in a household like that. Mom and Dad were not involved in my life as a child. by the time I was 10 I knew not to ask them to be involved.

As a result, my sister and I live thousands of miles away from our parents. Without a twinge of guilt. We call them on the prescribed holidays.

they don't call us.

We ask about their lives. For 35 minutes. Then give them a 35 second summation of what's going on with us.

We only visit them together. Once every 3 or 4 years. And if one of us backs out, the other sibling won't come.

After that writer's children get into their 20's, and they realize that nothing they do will ever get them their mothers attention- they'll stop trying altogether and she won't have to worry about a thing.

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
That whole thing is really tragic. Sure, there are times I'd rather have my life be all about me instead of about three people I gave birth to, but you know what? I've learned to find a balance. Sometimes I do things I don't feel like doing, because they need to be done. On the other hand, I've found ways to be involved in my kids lives that make me happy -- we do activities together that are fun for ALL of us, not just me and not just them.

This whiny, self-absorbed harpy needs to just let the nanny raise her kids. She obviously has little to no interest in parenting, so why bother?

deacon

whistlelock said:
The poor dear. How has she survived this long?

oh, that's why.

I'm sorry but I have a belief that when you have kids- it stops being about you.

No one said that the kids would be an endless ball of fun.

And if she didn't like it, she shouldn't have had two.

finally! something out of your mouth that makes sense. :D

laurel29

has a lopsided smile.
Registered
Reaction score
I was just thinking about this again and I was struck by something. How can she possibly find her children boring? Ok so maybe activities that you are obligated to do on occasion can be boring but the actual kids? My children, all four of them, are unique individuals.

They can be difficult, (read maddening) NO I will not put my toys away, go on the potty, or stop yelling in the grocery store because maybe you'll give in if I yell just one more time.

They can be funny, (in a destructive innocence kind of way) for example "mommy the ferrets really wanted me to free them" or "the wall needed more color, I made art for you mommy,” and worst of all, because it involves sharp objects stolen from the office, "Kiki needed a haircut.” You begin to get the idea. This leaves out all the things they say...that could be a book in itself. (It probably is already)

And they can also be unbelievably sweet, "Mom I made you a card because I love you. It’s a picture of the best mom ever, You. Listen to the song I made for you mom. I picked you these flowers or do you think we will we see fairies mom?"

How could these tiny yet relentless creatures ever be called boring? How could shopping be more entertaining? My life is not something that I could ever consider boring, hectic and insane at times but never boring. The time I'm looking for is boring. I just miss silence occasionally because around here quiet means there is trouble afoot.

deacon

whistlelock said:
I grew up in a household like that. Mom and Dad were not involved in my life as a child. by the time I was 10 I knew not to ask them to be involved.
<snip>

i overlooked this one, pal. i think we must have came from the same neighborhood. only my pops bailed when i was six, leaving my mom with six kids left at home. so, cut my comment on the other post and paste it here.

:e2bummed:

whistlelock

Whiskey Rebel
Registered
Reaction score
deacon said:
<snip>

i overlooked this one, pal. i think we must have came from the same neighborhood. only my pops bailed when i was six, leaving my mom with six kids left at home. so, cut my comment on the other post and paste it here.

:e2bummed:
No worries. I get tons of attention from my In-Laws and my wife. It's great.

Yeah, being a kid sucked, but I'm having a ball as an adult. You can't change the past, and we only really have the future.

deacon

no doubt, whistle.

and to laurel29, don't rush it. my kids are grown and gone. silence gets old real fast, too.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I actually like my kids. Kids can be restricting, but they give you great freedom too. I have an excuse for dirty dishes. I had a good excuse for seeing Monster House on the day it opened. Kids give me a reason to pick daisies or jump in puddles. They make me think about God and the important things in life with their constant questioning. My house is full of legos and action figures. Legos are cool. I forgot how much fun is is to build things out of popsicle sticks. I would never have watched an episode of Spongebob Squarepants if I didn't have kids.

Bored? How could I possibly be bored!

Status
Not open for further replies.