"Help me, help me..." (The Fly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maryn

"Help me, help me..." (The Fly)

I refuse to bow before my computer-competent kids (more than once daily, anyway), but I'll curtsy my thanks to anybody who can tell me what I'm doing wrong when I try to send a private message.

Yes, I'm logged in. (That was the answer to my last problem.)

Yes, I tried using a different browser (Mozilla and IE 6).

No, it wasn't important--but I'd still like to figure this out. Some day it might matter, you know?

What happens is that I open the profile, click on the Send Me a Message link, and it changes to an active link for about a second, then goes back to the way it was--no new windows, no additional text boxes at the bottom of the screen. Nothing.

Thanks in advance for your help.

(Hmm, 'curtsy'--that involves a skirt, right?)

Maryn, not too proud to beg

maestrowork

Do you have any software that kills "pop-up" windows? When you click "Send me a Message" a new window's supposed to come up. If you have pop-up killer (or some other pop-up killing software), you won't be able to create a new window.

Maryn

Hmm, most peculiar

I don't have any pop-up killers other than whatever came as part of the browsers I use.

However, today I was able to send a message just like you said. I didn't change a thing--I guess the gods were smiling at me, eh? :grin (I wonder what they'll expect in return?)

Maryn

maestrowork

Re: Hmm, most peculiar

:grin

They expect you to be good and WRITE! Write, write, write.

Status
Not open for further replies.