spell a word

Status
Not open for further replies.

somers47

Sorry to ask something so basic, but could someone please help me spell a word. I wrote a book and am on the second last chapter in the final editing. I see that this word is spelled wrong... at least according to my spell checker. And it's nowhere to be found in my dictionary.

The word is aneminity... as to disappear in a crowd... to be unnoticed. I'm sorry if the spelling is away off, but I've tried so many variations that I'm not even sure if it's a word anymore... My spell checker gave up on me.
Even the one on board says it's wrong.

Please help. If you can... please Email me.

Thanks... Steve [email protected]

Stephenie Hovland

Are you thinking of anonymity? I can't think of anything else.

Fresie

Looks like it. Just in case, I've run it through Word Web Thesaurus which is ideal for tracking down misspelt words and indeed anonymity is the only close match. Fits your description, anyway.

I get this feeling at least once a day: the word is there, I know what it means and how it sounds but can't for the life of me remember the word itself! Drives me mad. 8o Does anybody else have it?

Stephanie

Maybe it's two words: a nonentity (which is really a state of not existing, but you can use it in the way you described).

bescarce

how sad is this...

You know how sometimes a word just doesn't "look" right? I'm a good speller, but one day the word READ (as in to read a book) completely shut my brain down. I would've sworn it was wrong, but after checking the dictionary I finally let it go. Strange?!?!?!:smack

Arisa81

Re: how sad is this...

I don't think that is uncommon bescarce.

I've had moments where I just can't spell a word, usually it is a small word too, like 'why' or 'as'. I can't even remember which letters go IN the word.

Maybe it's just us :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.