Some Good News I Hope....

TeddyG

The Other Shoe Will Fall!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.virginisrael.com
I always feel funny about doing this cause of course it is kind of giving yourself gold stars...but I just got a "push" from an AW friend who has been driving me nuts to put this up so here goes...

In a total stroke of luck around Nov.-Dec. thedeepening.com published a short story of mine called "The Sunflower". Since then they have published,
"A Pot Of Gold", "Tenuous Webs", "The Heretic" and "Reverieing" (my latest). I also have 2 stories which are slated to appear in future editions. ("Kapparot" and "Obsession, Addiction, Love").

So with those stories published, and slated to be, and since I really had no hopes until a few months ago of ever seeing them anywhere except on my hard disk, some others in the industry started taking notice. I got even more lucky, as the editor over at thedeepening, had this to say about my latest which he put on the net.

EDITOR'S NOTE: Ted William Gross has to be one of the preeminent literary writers of this new century. There isn't a word in his letters to me, a moment in his work, that I don't sit stunned, in awestruck admiration…for the man, for his perspectives, for his literature. —zentao

(This is the link)

That got picked up on the net...and now well umm...

Okay...
Without using any names cause I am incredibly superstitious, a contract for an anthology of short stories was offered for hopefully a book entitled "Ancient Tales, Modern Legends". (Additionally there may be (again IF and Maybe) two of these stories published in some pretty famous print mags.

AND....

I just found out today, that I may also have a contract for a novel of mine called "Shadows Of A Dream".

NOW the contracts are at this stage IF and MAYBE. I say this real carefully cause I once had a contract cancelled on me by Doubleday. So I am real cautious these days about saying anything more than maybe.

To be honest, I don't get my hopes up anymore and let the chips fall where they will...but since January 2006 I have been real lucky with my writing. I hope the luck continues.

I guess I just want all those hugs and kisses and smooches from all the nuts here at AW....and a lot of crossed fingers too!!!!

Troilee

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, what a great experience! And what an awesome compliment from zentao. best of luck with all the new projects coming down the pike! How exciting 2006 is for you :)

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Teddy, what incredibly good news! Land those big fish! Great good luck to you and enjoy the excitement!

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Alas, doing sexy is a talent that has eluded me.

But as for how I am, in general, things are better than a poke in the eye around here. Looking forward to seeing my own blurb in The Deepening in two days. Although, between you and Three Seven, I appear to be Zen's shoebrush. ;)

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
I'm completely kidding! I think it's much, much fun and if I were really feeling put upon, I'd never joke about it. I like my story and am looking forward to seeing it up there. :)

TeddyG

The Other Shoe Will Fall!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.virginisrael.com
NOPE You are awesome SC...anyone taking care of those twins and continues to write is the AWESOME one...
give em hugs and kisses and more hugggggsssssssssss
And I hope you are on the mend....even with those cracked nips...
(could not resist that one!)

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Woohoo for you, Teddy!!

Here are some hugs and kisses: :Hug2: :Hug2: :kiss: :kiss:

Good luck on all your stories getting published.

And I hope by hanging out with you the good luck will rub off on me. (My writing hasn't been going so well.)

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
BIG SMOOCHES!!! And not just because I was ordered to do so, well done my friend, well done.

:kiss:

DeniseK

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Good for you, Teddy. And what wonderful words from the editor of the deepening! Congratulations on all of your good fortune. (forget that, congratulations on being so talented and finally having it noticed and rewarded!)

Popeyesays

Now departed. Rest in peace, Scott, from all of us
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
TeddyG said:
I always feel funny about doing this cause of course it is kind of giving yourself gold stars...but I just got a "push" from an AW friend who has been driving me nuts to put this up so here goes...
I guess I just want all those hugs and kisses and smooches from all the nuts here at AW....and a lot of crossed fingers too!!!!
:hi:

:Sun: :Clap: :PartySmil :TheWave:

I think that says it all.

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Absolutely fantastic news coming from all directions. Congrats, Teddy. I'm crossing all of my phalanges that are capable of being crossed, although I know you don't need any of this kind of help. Great things happen to great people.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wahoo! It's good to toot your own horn once in a while! Then the rest of us get to say congrats and that feels good!

I'll add another Wahoo since I stink at the cute little animated smileys.

Wahoo!

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Oh Teddy, I'm so excited for you!!! They maybe be if's and maybe's right now but soon they'll be definitely's...I have no doubt!

Kisses and hugs!!!

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What an incredibly good review of your work, Teddy. You must be on cloud nine. Congratulations on these multiple successes!

Heartsease

Registered
Reaction score
Dude, karma is your friend *G*. Congratulations and I hope the contracts come to fruition for you. This kind of post makes the rest of us know once again that hard work and just dogged perseverance really do pay off. Thank you for that

LA