Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
Thanks for the link. It worked fine. I'd heard there was an article written, but hadn't found it yet. A very nice piece and hopefully will change a few minds about the genre! :)

Sonarbabe

Working In A Coal Mine...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sonarbabe.com
Lord, I hope so. I mentioned to one my drivers at work that I write romance novels and I got "that look". You know the one I'm talking about. The one that says I'm either writing superficial fluff or smut. I came so close to taking my receiving gun and bopping him on the head with it. LOL.

JanDarby

Registered
Reaction score
Ya' know, there aren't enough newspapers and articles and journalists in the world to change the mind of some book snobs. They will always be with us. I just can't be bothered to worry about them any longer.

They probably get what they deserve, anyway, in being denied great entertainment and great friendships and great learning experiences (for the writers among the snobs who might otherwise be able to benefit from RWA's educational offerings and critique groups, etc.). I've met the absolutely most amazing, intelligent and generous people in/through RWA (and, yeah, unfortunately there are also some bad apples, but, really, the peaches -- we were just meeting on Peachtree Street in Atlanta -- vastly outweigh the rotten fruit).

JD

clara bow

Li'l Rug Bug
Registered
Reaction score
I thought the article was a very nice validation of the strides the romance genre is making.

Status
Not open for further replies.