Finally. A first-page ego-google.

KellyC

wearer of many hats
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.2passthetorch.com
I posted this in goals and accomplishments, but I feel this forum has been my home for the past several months. So I'm reposting it here. Sorry if that's breaking the rules, but I just had to share this!

It may seem like a small thing, but my name competes with that of a famous actress. My company has had a web-presence for five years, but a search for my first and last name in quotes didn't appear until page 12 or so --

until I started blogging.

Then my name went to page 4 for the blog, then page 3, and finally sat on page 2 for the past several months.

But today, sitting at the very bottom, threatening to slip again to comfy page 2, in the lavender letters that evidence its familiarity, it reads:

"Pass the Torch".

Thanks for celebrating with me;)

FatTire

Who?
Registered
Reaction score
I love Googling myself. I just got my wife to do it. It is a fun hobby.

razibahmed

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Website
hobbyecon.blogspot.com
"It may seem like a small thing, but my name competes with that of a famous actress. My company has had a web-presence for five years, but a search for my first and last name in quotes didn't appear until page 12 or so --"
Wow, great. Forunately my name (Razib Ahmed) does not have too much compeition in Net and out of the first 50 search results, I guess I have 40-41.

L M Ashton

crazy spec fic writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lmashton.com
Congrats, Kelly!

There's a lawyer who competes with me, but I'm way way more popular than her. My site is consistently number 1, she's got a spot somewhere in the top ten, and everything else that shows up is about me, not her. :)