Not open for further replies.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Cute--but I'm pretty sure credit to the original author (I'm pretty sure it's Roger Ebert) is due.

Maryn, thinking how different our lives would be if even half those things were true!

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
The guy who rescues you from a burning building/car about to explode/crashing plane is always sexy, and never a middle aged dude with a receding hairline and bad skin.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
The bad dude always tells the hero his whole evil plan and secrets right before he kills the hero, and of course, the hero always escapes afterward.

When something bad is going to happen, there is always either heavy rain, thunderstorm, fog, wind, or other bad weather elements. It's never a sunny day, breezy day. Except a nuclear holocaust, of course -- it would be the most perfect day before everyone was blown to pieces.

Last edited:

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If a murder's been committed & there are multiple suspects, the guy who has the most obvious motive, no alibi & all evidence pointin his way didn't really do it. But he'll help you find out who really did.

SC Harrison

Dances With Hamsters
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
maestrowork said:
The bad dude always tells the hero his whole evil plan and secrets right before he kills the hero, and of course, the hero always escapes afterward.

Dr. Evil: Scott, I want you to meet daddy's nemesis, Austin Powers
Scott Evil: What? Are you feeding him? Why don't you just kill him?
Dr. Evil: I have an even better idea. I'm going to place him in an easily escapable situation involving an overly elaborate and exotic death.
Dr. Evil: All right guard, begin the unnecessarily slow-moving dipping mechanism.
[guard starts dipping mechanism]
Dr. Evil: Close the tank!
Scott Evil: Wait, aren't you even going to watch them? They could get away!
Dr. Evil: No no no, I'm going to leave them alone and not actually witness them dying, I'm just gonna assume it all went to plan. What?
Scott Evil: I have a gun, in my room, you give me five seconds, I'll get it, I'll come back down here, BOOM, I'll blow their brains out!
Dr. Evil: Scott, you just don't get it, do ya? You don't.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
In a city of 10 million, these people actually find each other, especially at the most crucial moment.

It takes 5 minutes to go from lower Manhattan to Upper West Side. During rush hour.

jbal

Registered
Reaction score
People who have been shot are able to get up immediately and perform herculean tasks as long as the wound is not fatal.

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
William Haskins said:
how easy it is to sell ten cents worth of popcorn for six dollars.

True that. But for some reason people fall into that trap all the time. Just flood the cinema entrance with that popcorn aroma and you'll have people in line. Everyone complains about it, but we keep buying it, always forgetting that actually eating popcorn never manages to live up to how good it smells. It's a cruel trick of the cosmos...

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
When I bought my new house it wasn't built yet -- we got to select all the options, etc.

My wife wanted lever-based doors, but I said no. No, they have to be doorknobs.

"Why?" She asked.

"Velociraptors can open lever doors," I said.

She said I was insane. I immediately called my father and said "Dad, why do we need door knobs instead of levers in the house?"

He replied "Dinosaurs."

There you go. It's a little harder bringing groceries in from outside, but buddy, my house is velociraptor free. And I owe it all to what I learned in movies.

Bayou Bill

AW Ne'er-Do-Well
Registered
Reaction score
Down so low in Austin, bottom looks like up.
Website
billsbilge.blogspot.com
Alien life-forms from outer space are ALWAYS scary, ugly (except possibly for a hot chick crew member or two), evil, brilliant, and determined to do a whole lot of vile, nasty, disgusting things to clueless, unresisting inhabitants of planet Earth. That is, of course, except for the hero and his hot chick partner who, after failing to convince those same dumb-as-a-brick humans of the impending peril, are now, for some reason, struggling to save them.

Bayou Bill :cool:

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
Women can't run from danger without falling down at least once.

My-Immortal

Mr. Invisible
Registered
Reaction score
psy7ven said:

Also - you can't run away from danger without looking back numerous times (and screaming).

Robert Toy

psy7ven said:
And don't forget that she is wearing high heels and typically in the middle of the woods. ;)

My-Immortal

Mr. Invisible
Registered
Reaction score
Robert Toy said:
And don't forget that she is wearing high heels and typically in the middle of the woods. ;)

And often wearing a mini skirt and a blouse with a plunging neckline....

....wait, are we complaining about this? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.