PDA

View Full Version : Write a four sentence plot for this picture

unfabulousxox
07-29-2006, 10:56 AM
When I get writers block I tend to go look at stock photos from gettyimages.com or some other stock photo site and try to come up with a plot for it...so....Write a four sentence plot for the picture below:

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c27/dancin4evakthnx/holdhands.jpg

EXAMPLE:

She looked in front of her, then from side to side. She realized this was probably the last time they would all be together, they were all going off to explore the world, do great things. She wanted to hold on to this moment forever, to keep a piece of each of them with her. She gazed upon the silver linings of each cloud and smiled.

Fun? Try it!

persiphone_hellecat
07-29-2006, 11:05 AM
Vacations with the kids were getting harder now that they were getting older. “Are we there yet” was suddenly replaced with “Oh mom, do we have to?” A year from now, summer vacations would be replaced completely by mad dashes to gather up dorm things and drive them away to school; one in one direction one in the other with two still at home, but not far behind. But this day, they stood together in the bright sunlight, trying to decide what the clouds looked like and enjoying that one last summer of innocent childhood before two of their babies grew up and left the nest.

unfabulousxox
07-29-2006, 11:07 AM
I like it!

persiphone_hellecat
07-29-2006, 11:09 AM
Thank you ...

Tre
07-29-2006, 12:40 PM
Marissa decided she needed to rethink this whole "corporate bonding" thing. No matter how motivational Tony Robbins was earlier, she still felt weird holding the hand of Gwen from accounting. Walking on fire might have been a better plan. And why did some people bring their children?

alleycat
07-29-2006, 07:00 PM
They gathered once again on the hillside overlooking the sea. There were six of them now, where once there was seven. They were silence in the fading light, as each, lost in thought, wondered why the woman they loved had done the unthinkable. If there was a answer, they were determined to find it together.

alleycat
07-29-2006, 07:04 PM
Or something lighter . . .

Jim looked skyward and questioned God. Why, he asked, had he been so stupid? When the Maury show called, he should have just said no. Now, with four mouths to fed, the words resonated in his ears, "Jim, you ARE the father!"

Lady Cat
07-29-2006, 08:51 PM
They locked hands together and waited. Jess felt so isolated on the highside, exposed, like they were the only ones left in the world. It didn't matter whether they were or weren't; as long as they stuck together they would prevail. Grips tightening, they braced for impact.

unfabulousxox
07-29-2006, 10:36 PM
I like them all so far :)

persiphone_hellecat
07-29-2006, 11:38 PM
LMAO Cat and Tre -- well done

Cath
07-29-2006, 11:43 PM
So they watched, torn between pleasure and sorrow. Pleasure for the destruction; sorrow that their power was lost. Their task was ended; their alliance was over. They would not meet again.

veinglory
07-29-2006, 11:48 PM
Lying discarded in the magic light of the setting sun they all chanted together. "Please, please make us into real children!" And sudden they stood with hands that need not be clasped together for all eternity, on legs of real flesh. Paper dolls no longer.

unfabulousxox
07-29-2006, 11:52 PM
lol

persiphone_hellecat
07-30-2006, 12:03 AM
Was it possible that only the six of them showed up? There should have been many more at Hands Across America, it was such a good idea. Only the family let Joe read the invitation, and Joe was dyslexic. Now they were twenty years late, broke and their VW microbus was out of gas, so they just stood there gazing at the clouds and wondering what they were going to do about the bus, the money and Joe’s little problem.

robeiae
07-30-2006, 02:10 AM
James and Sara looked back towards their homes, wondering if their parents could still see them in the fading light. The younger ones stared straight down, capitivated by the incredible journey they were about to take. Debbie, as usual, was absently wondering if her shorts made her *** look big. But moments later, when the bell tolled, they all knew the time had come to leap into the rumbling volcano and appease the fire gods.

threedogpeople
07-30-2006, 10:51 PM
They stood gazing out at the water where Grand-Dad died such a long time ago. It had been such a terrible, wonderful journey. They stood in silence contemplating the struggles that had brought them to this place. Some realizing that an ending for one became the beginning for another.

My-Immortal
07-30-2006, 10:59 PM
"I only saw the perpetrators in silhouette peeing on the graves," she told the officers outside the lineup. "But I can swear the one on the right didn't do it."

"How do you know?"

"She still needs to pee."

persiphone_hellecat
07-31-2006, 12:01 AM
Well done, Robeaie - you are truly twisted...

PattiTheWicked
07-31-2006, 12:09 AM
There they stood, waiting for me. Six of them, and I was the only one who knew they were there. I turned to my mom, hoping she would understand.

I see dead people.

persiphone_hellecat
07-31-2006, 12:16 AM
LOL

unfabulousxox
07-31-2006, 12:33 AM
lol

NightWynde
07-31-2006, 12:54 AM
They tried to get away from each other, but they couldn't. Each of them were stuck, if not for an eternity, at least for a long, long while. All they could do was stare at the clouds as each of them thought about how much they hated Super Glue. Is it me, or does that one up there look like a puppy?

arrowqueen
07-31-2006, 02:21 AM
They'd given away all their possessions. Jack had told his boss where he could stick his job. They'd come up here to face the End of the World togther.

Now, dammit all, the sun was coming up again...

MizzVyxen
07-31-2006, 02:28 AM
...and the director asked them to ascend the hill and join hands. Once in position, the actors were asked to sing, "I'd like to buy the world a Coke and keep it company...." Unfortunately for everyone, the young girl on the far right wet her pants and the shot was ruined.

alleycat
07-31-2006, 02:41 AM
Dan looked to the heaven, sure that the time was near. As the family waited, Susie asked her father a question. "Dad, we've been standing here for two hours. Are you sure the alien UFO is coming to pick us up?"

Risen_Flower
07-31-2006, 03:13 AM
Together they will stand. They will conquer no matter what follows their paths. And when they look up in the sky, they will remember this day of encouragement. Today is only the beginning of their long journey.

I hope I did this right. :)

MizzVyxen
07-31-2006, 03:52 AM
boy. girl. boy. girl. boy. girl.

persiphone_hellecat
07-31-2006, 06:26 AM
Desperate times call for desperate measures. Remembering what they learned in summer camp about biting wintergreen lifesavers in the dark to create a spark, they decided to go for it. If they joined hands and all bit at once, perhaps they could create enough energy to turn the lights back on in Queens. It was worth a try anyway.

alleycat
07-31-2006, 04:43 PM
Months after the nuclear holocaust, the Williams family emerged from the underground shelter to find themselves the last people on earth. Tom Williams led the family in a prayer and then considered the implications of this new world.

“It will be our duty to be fruitful and multiply so that human life shall not perish from the face of the earth,” Tom intoned.

After a moment of silence, it was Susan who replied, “Oh, great, I’m finally old enough to date and it’s either my father or my bratty little brothers.”

perky_ms_d
08-03-2006, 01:51 PM
Free at last! They looked up in the heavens to thank Him for they were free from long years of slavery and misery. Yet, in their minds, came the question on the outcome of their future: "Where do we go from here?" Ahh! It doesnt matter...as long as they are together, each will pick up the pieces of one's shattered life. Over there, perhaps, is a good life ahead of them....(hihihi..i exceeded the required number..sorry!)

I'll be nothing but a second-rate trying hard copykitten....but one day, my star will shine so bright....

bubblegirl
08-03-2006, 02:03 PM
First thought?

"Here we go round the Mulberry bush"
"What Mulberry bush?"
"Hey, it disappeared!"

LMBO!

persiphone_hellecat
08-24-2006, 03:02 PM
http://grouptools.com/soap/tn_600_37%20Black%20Sail%20White%20Sail%201994%20P hoto%20by%20Dee%20Conway.jpg

We kind of ran out of stories for the other photo, so let's revive the thread with a new one. Same task -- to write a four sentence story that describes the scene taking place in the photo ...

NightWynde
08-24-2006, 03:11 PM
"Praise Jesus! Praise Jesus!" shouted the barefooted one.
Neither of the other women wanted to tell her that she was not on a street corner. Perhaps it was time to up her medication.

persiphone_hellecat
08-24-2006, 03:16 PM
"I found it, Mary said, "the missing lottery ticket!" "We'll never be hungry again!, said Susan as she stood by watching proudly. "Dumb old bats," said Martha. "Don't they know a parking ticket when they see one?"

triceretops
08-24-2006, 03:24 PM
Not a creature was stirring. Not even a mus musculous. One of the daughters asked her father why it had to be like this. "Because my child, it is the Lord's will," said Noah.

tri

alleycat
08-24-2006, 03:37 PM
While the PublishAmerica book tour had been something of a disappointment up until now, it didn’t dampen Myrtle’s enthusiasm. Using one of the many stacks of unsold books as a podium, Myrtle tried to interest the smattering of buyers in her book, while Betty and Lou Annie watched on intently.

“Glory be to God, and thanks to PublishAmerica for this opportunity to show the world my writin' ability,” Myrtle intoned. “I’ve already sold four copies and if’in I sell two more I’ll be able to buy me that pair of new-fangled shoes I saw in the Mercantile window last Saturday.”

alleycat
08-24-2006, 07:39 PM
The announcement was made at the regular monthly meeting of the AW Forum Moderators and Knitters Club. As Perks and Saritams8 waited anxiously, Jenna rose to deliver the terrific news. “The test results are finally back,” Jenna said, as she broke into a broad smile

“Thank God, thank God-Almighty,” Jenna continued, “Optimus is the father!”

[I am going to get banned for that. Or worse. Please say a prayer for me. It was nice knowing all of you. Well, most of you.]

davids
08-24-2006, 08:02 PM
The last six
strangers once
now the rockets red glare
the bombs bursting in air
the last sunset on strangers
together, goodbye

persiphone_hellecat
08-24-2006, 11:05 PM
She stood firmly on top of a pile of books, watching as her friends edged ever closer, intent on ridding her house of all the junk. Intervention is such a nasty word. "I don't care what Dr. Phil says," she said. "I am NOT a hoarder."

alleycat
08-25-2006, 12:28 AM
With pride welling within her ample bosom, Mrs. Hat stood on a stack of Nora Roberts books and announced the news to the other ladies of the Dustbin Book Club.

“This was his first poem,” Mrs. Hat said, as she held aloft a now-yellowed sheaf of paper, “He dedicated it to his mother, bless his little heart.”

“Can it really and truly be true?” Mrs. Ferret asked.

“As God is my witness,” Mrs. Hat replied, “my son is now moderator of the AW Poetry Forum.”

arrowqueen
08-25-2006, 12:52 AM
'You're right,' agreed Eloise and Madelaine. 'Lose the woolly cardigan and the floral frock. Take off your corsets. Stick on a tiara and set fire to that bit of paper - and I'm pretty sure we can palm off a statue of you to those mad Yanks.'

MidnightMuse
08-25-2006, 12:56 AM
"My first rejection letter!" Madge Dahlrumple exclaimed with joy.
"Oh, so you're a writer then?" Ethel Ferrup inquired as she paused in her deligent knitting.
Mrs. McGillicutty held her hand to her breast with pride. "Oh my, Madge, and it only took you 534,920 revisions of that lovely query letter."

Elizabeth Slick
08-25-2006, 07:14 AM
The Christian bus group had come to a stop on the ridge so they could break for lunch. Praying, the followers all sang "Sunshine on my Shoulder" while their leader strummed a guitar. Another leader chimed in with a harmonica. It was truly a beautiful moment.

persiphone_hellecat
08-25-2006, 07:32 AM
"People of Earth, sign this petetion to save Pluto! Don 't allow some elitist scientists with PhD's locked up in astronomical observatories dictate to us what is and is not a planet! Who will they come for next? Today it's Pluto, tomorrow it could be Uranus."

FreeStyle
08-27-2006, 06:26 AM
"It works!", Ms. Mary Talbot exclaimed to her coworkers at the bookstore, and indeed she was right. She had just written down on a sheet of paper a complete and accurate summary of Adam Smith's Wealth of Nations, verified by her now teary-eyed friend and confidante. It was a book she'd never read her entire life and, though not a slow-witted woman, would probably need to read several times over to truly comprehend. But with the newly discovered power she found buried in the fleshy pads of her feet, she could absorb the energies, memories and yes, as she now knew, the very words of anything and everything on which she stood.:tongue

That was fun! What a great idea for developing stories.:D

persiphone_hellecat
08-27-2006, 06:33 AM
(scroll back to the beginning of the thread and check out the first pic - try that one now)

FreeStyle
08-27-2006, 06:54 AM
Picture 1
In beautiful harmony, in perfect pitch they sang the verse, the last verse of the last song they had sung at countless performances, since birth it had seemed. This song about home...about freedom. Racquel, the strongest, the "voice from heaven", sang finally the last line - of clouds and of gold - then looked down the line to her brothers and sisters. They did not look to her, did not need her for the first time ever she imagined, and she watched absently as they stepped forward and fell, her hand slipping roughly free from Jerome's.

Wow, I want more pictures!

persiphone_hellecat
08-27-2006, 06:56 AM
Very nice - edit that one though and note it as picture 1 ... new pic in a couple days... Try some of the other threads .... scan page 2 for some interesting things too.

FreeStyle
08-27-2006, 07:01 AM
Hey, Persiphone! Yeah, i've been looking through, i just bumped up the "Make something new" thread...that's another good game. Finding story ideas is always hard though and this is a great option, thanks unfabulousxox for sharing it with us!:)

bubblegirl
08-28-2006, 09:40 AM
"I have the greatest idea!" Sadie cried.
"Not as bad as your last, I hope," Jemma replied. "You didn't even attempt to make this dress the right size!"
"Yeah, and your idea before that gave me this broken hip," Julie sneered from her chair.

persiphone_hellecat
08-28-2006, 08:20 PM
It's not much, Margaret said, "just a couple dozen books at best."

"She's right, you know," said Margaret,"it's really not many at all, and most of them are old."

"It may look like that to the two of you, but that's because you have no vision, no imagination, no panache!" said Mable. " What you see is a pile of dusty old books from people's trash, but what I see is Truth or Consequences New Mexico's first LIBRARY!"

threedogpeople
08-29-2006, 05:50 AM
Pesiphone got all, like, technical and my original was too many sentences. So, I had to re-write.....

persiphone_hellecat
08-29-2006, 05:53 AM
Now I am totally confused. What picture is that for? And how many sentences is it?

threedogpeople
08-29-2006, 06:04 AM
The first one - I'm still thinking about the second.

=======================

Daria stared at the Conductor standing at the bottom of the hill, wild thoughts going through her mind as she wondered how fast the blond with the fake boobs would be able to run. Would the boobs slow her down, would they move at all or would her butt be the only thing that jiggled as she tried to get out of the line of fire? One thing she was sure about, if the guy standing on her left slipped her the wet-willy-finger one more time she was going to shoot him first.

Smiling and humming quietly to herself, Daria slipped her hand into her pocket and clicked off the gun's safety.

persiphone_hellecat
08-29-2006, 06:11 AM
That's the whole point of the exercise - to condense your thoughts into 4 sentences... and from now on we gotta number the responses photo 1, photo 2 etc. Gets confusing

threedogpeople
08-29-2006, 06:11 AM
Photo 2
=======

Mrs. Johnson and Mrs. Livingston exchanged knowing looks behind Miss Singer's back. They both knew that she was given to stretching the truth especially when it involved men. Despite what Miss Singer was telling them, perched on that impossibly high stack of books, no man had ever been that tall. No man had ever written down his phone number for her either.

FreeStyle
08-31-2006, 08:49 AM
This one's for the beautiful picture in threedogpeople's signature.:)

It is a blue dawn, gray in places and if I look closely, I may see movement and life beneath me. Up above is constant motion as clouds are forever drifting, brushing first my head and tickling as I pass by. That's when I laugh and things turn brighter, oranger, and sometimes pink. This is my favorite time, when I'm between the two - the land and the sky - when I, like you, wake up to the morning.

teddlesruss
08-31-2006, 08:56 AM
Rough Landing.

Handful of Survivors.

Strange Weather.

Probably Be Stuck On Mars For Long Time.

persiphone_hellecat
08-31-2006, 09:49 AM
How about a new pic since we've worn the others out... Label this one Pic 4 when you respond.

http://www.haloimages.com/imgs/MK00665_FPO_PREV.jpg

FreeStyle
09-01-2006, 10:14 AM
Pic 4

I was on a camping trip with my brothers when it happened. Standing, watching them from behind as they looked out over Dalton River, content with what their old bones could still accomplish, I blinked then blinked again. The images in front of me retained their shapes but had quickly disintigrated into flat blacks, whites and grays. I don't know how it happened or why it happened so quickly but before I realized it, all color was suddenly gone.

persiphone_hellecat
09-02-2006, 07:13 AM
Picture 4

"Mr. Cheney," the White House Press Secretary said exasperated, "it's been hard enough to explain all the Halliburton stuff. Then I had to make up a story about all the missing WMD's in Iraq. Now you shoot your best friend in the face and you expect me to tell the press you thought he was a large duck? Do you think Americans are actually that stupid, Mr. Cheney -- on second thought, don't answer that question Mr. Cheney.

alleycat
09-03-2006, 06:40 PM
Pic 4

As the last light of day faded in the distance, Lewis and Clark stood on the precipice above the as-yet unnamed river and looked out upon the vast landscape.

"Awe inspiring, isn't it, Captain?"

"Indeed it is, sir," replied Lewis.

"Just think, some day, there could be strip malls, apartment buildings, a Waffle House, maybe a Burger King or a Home Depot . . . "

persiphone_hellecat
09-04-2006, 07:07 AM
Photo 4

"So, what do we do now?" Bobby Ray asked, looking off in the distance.

"I donno," said Billy Joe, shrugging.

"Looks like we're in some deep sh!t now," said Bobby Ray.

"Yeah," Billy Joe replied, "maybe the wives were right about bringing along a map."

Dawno
09-08-2006, 09:28 PM
...AW Forum Moderators and Knitters Club...

You know there's been a schism - some of us crochet....

alleycat
09-08-2006, 09:30 PM
You know there's been a schism - some of us crochet....
I've heard a few of you even write.

davids
09-08-2006, 09:50 PM
Picture 4

Say nice meeting you out here. Just curious, have you read Broke Back Mountain? Maybe you saw the movie? Kinda horny huh?

persiphone_hellecat
09-15-2006, 12:41 AM
Photo 4

"Wow, you gotta love the great outdoors, huh?" asked Bob Gibbons as he took a deep breath, filling his lungs with clean, Rocky Mountain air.

"Nothing like it," said his pal Arlo Cooper as he stood proudly looking at the water below, "everything's so fresh and clean up here -- not at all like the city."

Tell me again - what do you call those great things I had for dinner last night?" Bob asked.

"Rocky Mountain Oysters -- don't even go there," Arlo said shaking his head sadly.