15K in One Day!

NightWynde

Registered
Reaction score
Website
brigitta-m.blogspot.com
I woke up at some weird hour this morning (3ish I suppose) with a fully formed plot, etc. etc. for a story, got on the computer and just started typing like mad. By the time I came up for air (external forces, ie, kidlets wanting to be fed and the like) I did a quick check of my word count and just about fell out of my chair.

14,886, just shy of the 15K mark. Granted, it's solid dialogue and the story has only just begun but I was stunned. When I saw the time was about 10am, I figured I had done just over 2K an hour.

I keep going like this, I'll have a completed first draft in about, oh, ten days time. That'd be cool. :D

Begbie

Quite a character
Registered
Reaction score
Way to go! But my eyes hurt just thinking about writing 15,000 straight!

emsuniverse

Back to freelancing again...
Registered
Reaction score
That's absolutely amazing!!

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wow! That is amazing. I was feeling good for sticking to my 1K a day minimum. Well, I still feel good about that when the kids are out for the summer, but in two weeks they go back to school and I have no excuses for not finishing my WIP. But 15K? Not on my best day. That is impressive.

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Cherish those days, NW. They don't come around very often (at least with me). And don't get frustrated if future days are less. The main thing is the progress, and you're fired up for it. Keep the story moving. Congrats on the great start.