Oh, hi...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ybest

Hi.

Hum, real quick.

I'm in college. I'll be graduating in 1-3 semesters, depending on what I decide. I've always wanted to be a writer. I write all kinds of stuff.

I work for a pretty large company and for a college student I have a good job. I do community marketing.

Hum. I'm pretty active on writing.com I'm involved in a few critiquing groups. I've completed 1 screenplay, though I've never tried to submit it anywhere. I'm about 4 chapters away from finishing my first sci-fi book. I've also started my first fiction novel. I've been published a couple of times. However I never seriously pursued writing and honestly haven't really thrown myself into anything.

One day recently I looked around and people I went to HS with are graduated and have jobs. My friends are getting married and having kids- and me, I'm still hanging out with Frat guys :smack

Enough is enough. It's time to take all those great ideas and make 'em come true. So here I am. And here I'll stay until all this potential becomes kinetic!

-Yoli

PS- I'm perky positive, so please excuse me because I'll be :grin ning all over the board. I'm also NYC to the core so if you watch out for the :evil behind my smile. :)

MacAl Stone

Glad you found us, Yoli--good gawd, for someone who hasn't been all that serious about writing, it sounds like you're very motivated.

Pardon me. I have to go feel inadequate now. :jump

LiamJackson

Glad you're here, Yoli. I used to spend time in NYC and always loved place. No other city like it.

spooknov

It's nice to meet someone else with a :evil behind their :grin . It's been a while since I've been up to NYC (roughly 12 yrs), but I can still taste the pizza when I close my eyes and think about it...

Hope you enjo the cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.