Lunch

Status
Not open for further replies.

whistlelock

Whiskey Rebel
Registered
Reaction score
Somehow I ended up in Fort Worth. Dunno how that h
Billy, I had lunch today and I thought of you.

So, my wife and I decided to get some sushi. so I had a gold dragon roll, just for you.

And it was ggooooooooooooddd.

1082168143c.pjpeg

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
Stew21 said:
I want sushi! :)
Sushi is the name of my friend's cat. You can want her, she might even let you have her, but you can't eat her.

Reaction score
whistlelock said:

So, my wife and I decided to get some sushi. so I had a gold dragon roll, just for you.

I'm glad you enjoyed eating something that was ripped from it's habitat while peacefully swimming around one day.

Sleep well, son.

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
Shadow_Ferret said:
Billy is a militant vegan? I didn't know that.
I didn't either. He obviously isn't aware that fish were created expressly for the purpose of me eating them. mmmm

Reaction score
Shadow_Ferret said:
Billy is a militant vegan? I didn't know that.

Nope. I eat cow and chicken and pig and turkey and lamb by the boat load. If anything I'm a meateterian. I don't eat vegetables.

BUT...
A. I hate fish.
B. And I really hate the "vegetarians" who will eat fish. Especially when fish are the only animal eaten at huge consumption that are actually ripped out of their natural habitats and weren't raised to be eaten. Cows, chickens etc were raised to be eaten and couldn't even live in the wild for the most part. But fish, the poor fish, just like Nemo are living their god given lives, not man given lives and are minding their own business when they're ripped away to be on Whistlelocks plate.

:cry:

Reaction score
Shadow_Ferret said:
Never heard of a fish farm?

Farm raised catfish?

So I guess you're against hunting too?

I never heard of a fish farm to be completely honest until the other day. And I have no problem with that. If they're raised on a farm, then eat away!!

I don't like hunting. ESPECIALLY if you're just gonna shoot the thing and put it on a wall.

If you are a mountain man and hunt for food because you live 100 miles from ShopRite, so be it.

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
billythrilly7th said:
I never heard of a fish farm to be completely honest until the other day. And I have no problem with that. If they're raised on a farm, then eat away!!
Farmed fish are risky eating. They contract all sorts of diseases from being raised in cramped tanks.

billythrilly7th said:
I don't like hunting. ESPECIALLY if you're just gonna shoot the thing and put it on a wall.
I agree with you. People should eat what they kill.

billythrilly7th said:
If you are a mountain man and hunt for food because you live 100 miles from ShopRite, so be it.
I disagree, and think this attitude is hypocritical. Why is the life of a wild deer inherently less valuable than the life of a sheep? or a wild fish, for that matter? Someone, somewhere, slaughters what you eat. Meat doesn't throw itself on foam trays, cover itself in plastic, and display itself behind the meat counter.

I get bugged by vegetarians who wear leather belts and shoes. Cows can give up their hide but not their flesh?

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
CaroGirl said:
I get bugged by vegetarians who wear leather belts and shoes. Cows can give up their hide but not their flesh?

I agree, except that it is pretty hard to find sturdy shoes that aren't made out of leather that keep your feet protected. Belts are another matter, entirely. I think people like that can wear leather shoes as long as they don't get on me for eating meat. If I didn't eat meat, the animal that died for their shoes would go to waste.

Reaction score
CaroGirl said:
I disagree, and think this attitude is hypocritical. Why is the life of a wild deer inherently less valuable than the life of a sheep?

Because the farm raised sheep wouldn't be alive if it weren't on the farm.

A wild sheep is of the same life value as a wild deer. There aren't many wild sheep. The coyotes eat them.

Anything raised on a farm has less life value than anything wild.

The farm raised animal should thank the farmer for giving it a couple years of life right before he slits it's neck. Two years is better than no years.

The wild deer running around, raising a family, with no help from humans has the right to be really pissed when it takes a bullet in the brain.

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
billythrilly7th said:
Because the farm raised sheep wouldn't be alive if it weren't on the farm.
So, the farmer is God? I giveth thee life, sheep, and I can take it away.

Does that work for my kids? If they annoy me, can I eat them? After all, they wouldn't be here if it weren't for me, and I gave them (generously, I might add) a few good years of life.

Reaction score
CaroGirl said:
So, the farmer is God? I giveth thee life, sheep, and I can take it away.

Does that work for my kids? If they annoy me, can I eat them? After all, they wouldn't be here if it weren't for me, and I gave them (generously, I might add) a few good years of life.

If you get in a plane crash and are need of food, be my guest.

The farmer has a job. Raise sheep and kill sheep for humans. It's not a god situation. It's a common sense situation. If we didn't eat them, he wouldn't raise them and they would never walk god's good earth. God bless the meat eaters for giving life to so many wonderful creatures even if it's only for a short time.

If given the choice before birth of being alive for seven years and then getting my neck slit or no life at all, I'll take the seven.

With that said, I don't eat veal. I don't like that whole process, so my line about humane wasn't entirely true.

I want to see the animals treated as well as possible while people like me still get to chow down on burgers, ribs, bacon etc...

MMMMMMM MMMMMMM!

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
I am carnivorous. Watch that your fingers don't get in the way of my fork, knife and steak.

When I croak, just feed me to the wildlife. Either that or freeze dry me, crumble me up and feed me to some hungry Crappie and Bluegill for all I care.

I figure in the end, its all good.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
whistlelock said:

1082168143c.pjpeg

mmmmm... that looks SO delicious.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
billythrilly7th said:
BUT...
A. I hate fish.
B. fish are the only animal eaten at huge consumption that are actually ripped out of their natural habitats and weren't raised to be eaten.
:cry:

Oops. I'm having fish for supper tonight.

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
I'm gonna have to stop for sushi on my way home now. Jason won't eat it, but he won't be home, so WEEEE SUSHIIII! For Trish. My children will enjoy fishsticks instead!

Reaction score
P.S. I could care less about fish. I just want the "vegetarian" "animals should be treated humanely" but "I eat fish" people to take a long look in the mirror.

Status
Not open for further replies.