Hey Y'all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

writerchick74

Hi!
I'm Melissa. I found AbsoluteWrite about a month ago while I was in a research frenzy. Ya see, I just turned 30 and finally found the guts to pursue my passion for writing. (I don't know if the two are directly related :) I am conducting alot of research into freelance writing, but I am also interested in fiction. In fact, I know it is probably premature, but I am already working on a story idea that seems to be getting too big for a short story.

Anyway, I wanted to introduce myself and tell you how excited I am about the message board. If there is anyone out there who remembers feeling like I do at this moment (a newbie), please feel free to share and offer advice.

Thanks!
Melissa

PS I'm a Southern Girl!

MacAl Stone

Hiya, Melissa! You're in the coolest place ever. We're a motley assortment of writers, at all different levels, and always glad to see new faces.

Welcome aboard and jump right in :jump

ElonnaT

Hi Melissa, I haven't been here too long myself, but it is a great place. Welcome.

:thewave

Maryn

Wishing I Were You

Oh, to be 30 and decide to GO for it, instead of hemming and hawing and worrying I'd fail and committing myself to others things, blah-blah-blah, and BLAM, 20 years slip by without a single novel published. I'm glad to see you're not putting writing on hold as I did.

30's a great age to be starting out (as is 60, or 80), and we're delighted to meet you.

Maryn, older but not particularly wiser

littlecupofjoe

Hi WC!

I am new too. Welcome to the board. The folks here are great, and, as a newbie, I find the information that one can gather here priceless.

I am your age, and like you, I have decided to pursue my passion for writing. I have left a very lucrative science-related position to work for a non-profit environmental organization as a staff writer. That was very scary at first, :eek but now I am much happier :grin . So today's lesson, boys and girls, is pursue your passion! :heart

Cheers!

Littlecupofjoe :coffee

Yeshanu

If there is anyone out there who remembers feeling like I do at this moment (a newbie), please feel free to share and offer advice.

We were all newbies at one time or other, and some of us still are.

Main piece of advice? Keep on writing!

And welcome to the water cooler.

Cate

howdy

Welcome aboard!

I remember how I felt when I found this place! It was such a relief to finally find somewhere with serious writers. (Well, serious about writing, anyway . . . )

It still feels good.
Glad to have you with us.
Cate

mammamaia

welcome to the club!

there are lots of over-30s here, and plenty of fellow 'late'-starters who'll be glad to compare notes with you, i'm sure... i'm a well-over-60 who didn't have time [thanks to 2 marriages/divorces and having 7 kids] to get serious about writing till my late 40s, so don't feel bad!... but i jumped right in and had a semi-thriving business as a writing consultant going, while i turned out my own stuff [novels/short stories/non-fiction/plays/screenplays/et al.]... didn't get published or snag an agent till after i hit the big 5-0, so it's never too late, kid!

love and hugs, maia

Yeshanu

Re: welcome to the club!

maia,

Thanks for a little more of your story. It's an inspiration to this over-40 writer... :peace

Status
Not open for further replies.