Newest Newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerriLynn

I guess I'm the newest newbie...though after reading a few 'newbie' posts...I feel old. :eek: (teenagers??!)

I'm probably also the only loser who posted a bio, :( so if you really want to know about me....just go there. :gone

Anyway....I kinda stumbled into this room and am somewhat intimidated by the amount of people here. I belong to a few forums already, but nothing as large as this (oh..and I recognize a few names here already) ;)

I haven't had time to look at all the boards yet...just way too many...but I'll look a bit at a time. It's how I procrastinate. :grin

For those who don't wish to read my bio---I write single title romance which includes mystery, paranormal and suspense. I have my first (completed) book with an editor and am currently making revisions on a second she is interested in. I'm currently unagented...but waiting to hear about that soon. (the agent loved the first hundred pages and couldn't wait to read the rest!) :snoopy (I'm still reeling over that)

I am more than happy to help any writer who wants it...but I'm very honest about my critiques, and
if you don't really want to know, don't ask me. :)

I'll look forward to meeting those of you I haven't just alienated.

Terri
(hey cool...you guys have a spell check!) :D

ElonnaT

Welcome Terri,

I think we are all a little overwhelmed when we first start hanging out around here, but everyone is just wonderful. There are writers of all levels and accomplishments and I am sure you will be a wonderful asset to the board.

Hope you enjoy it here :)

mammamaia

welcome aboard!

i'm pretty 'loose' [no, not morally!:eek ]... and i also have a bit of a bio posted, so you're not alone on that score... i'm sure you'll enjoy it here [if you don't take us too seriously]... we're an eclectic bunch :nerd :smack :party :bang :rofl :jump :love :snoopy :gone and can always use a new victim... i mean member!

love and hugs, maia

TerriLynn

Re: welcome aboard!

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Mama...I'm a writer, but it doesn't mean I can spell. :rolleyes
lol

Yeshanu

Re: welcome aboard!

anigrla2.gif

I've got a bio, too.

Oh, btw, in case you haven't figured it out yet, I'm also the mother of one of those teens. I'm trying to corrupt her so I look normal by comparison. (It's working...) :grin

MacAl Stone

Re: Welcome

Great to have you here! It's a little overwhelming at first, but if you give up two or three hours of sleep every night, you catch right up! :grin

TerriLynn

Re: Welcome

Thanks again all for the warm welcome. The room is large...but I think I'll be able to manage. :)

Do you all look at all the boards or just what pertains to your interests? (like humor writing or whatever)

hey Mac, I read your blog that no one reads. Very cool and you have a great way with words. I'm looking forward to chatting with you more often. ;)

Terri

mammamaia

not all...

i monitor all the ones that i feel qualified to advise on... and genres i personally don't care for, like romance and erotica, i also just pass by...

Lori Basiewicz

Re: not all...

Welcome, Terri. Great to have you here. Pull up a piece of cyberspace and stay awhile.

MacAl Stone

Hmm--I usually just look at the boards that appeal particularly to my interests and writing style. I find that as I get more involved in discussions on those boards, they lead me to others...which then lead to others...

It's a sickness, really.

Thanks for the compliment, Terri--I started the silly blog to give me imaginary friends to talk to in the middle of the night, and now I sort of like it.

Kind of like when a stray dog follows you home, and you find yourself petting it and giving it a "temporary" name. :ack
Settle in and look around! AW is about the coolest writing board I've seen, precisely because there are so many of us, at such widely varying levels of skill and experience.

I'll look forward to seeing you around!

LiamJackson

A belated welcome! Hope you decide to stay awhile . :party

TerriLynn

Thank you Liam (cool name) better late than never. :D

I plan to stay....I don't know how often I'll post, but I try to add my two cents when I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.