Popeyesays

Now departed. Rest in peace, Scott, from all of us
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone gotten a rejection from Samhain?

I hope this isn't their form letter:
Dear Mr. ******,

Thank you for submitting THE SWORD OF THE DAJJAL to Samhain Publishing. While your premise and characters are interesting, they ultimately were not what I am looking for at this time. However, your writing style is very good and I hope that you’ll submit more to us in the future. We appreciate your interest in Samhain Publishing and wish you good luck with all your writing endeavors.

Best wishes,
Editor
Samhain Publishing
http://www.samhainpublishing.com

Regards,
Scott

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, Scott - I'd have to agree. A lot of Form letters have a space for an intern to type in your name, or the name of your ms. As far as Form rejections go, it's polite. I highly prefer those polite ones, just for my own sake.

But take heart - put it in it's proper place (the bathroom 'spare roll' shelf) and continue forward !

Sassenach

5 W's & an H
Registered
Reaction score
At least they sent you the form letter that includes "I hope that you’ll submit more to us in the future."

BarbaraSheridan

*insert catchy phrase here*
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbarasheridan.com
What Sassenach said :)
Anytime anyone asks to see future work it's a GOOD THING.

edit--forgot to add. Do try them again. Samhain is a nice little company. I love 'em to pieces!

Greenwolf103

I'm a grrrl dog, yo
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
dmcwriter.tripod.com
I got a rejection from them, but mine was different from yours. It pretty much said they're not accepting anymore stories for THAT particular category.

I agree, too, that the invitation to submit more work to them is a good thing! Good luck. :D

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
rejection

It is a form rejection, but it is not the standard never want to hear anything form you again form.

Form rejections are not always bad, and many agents and editor have two or three or four variations of form rejection slips.

Heartsease

Registered
Reaction score
Scott, its the "we want to hear from you again" part that is pretty exciting! They like your style and that is a good thing. Keep working and sending to them as you have an opportunity here to build a relationship with them and that can my friend means a great deal

LA

Status
Not open for further replies.