WHY NO IMAGES? a plea for help

Bayou Bill

AW Ne'er-Do-Well
Registered
Reaction score
Down so low in Austin, bottom looks like up.
Website
billsbilge.blogspot.com
I come before this august (okay, July) forum in search of sage wisdom, consul and advice.

Beginning a month or two ago, it's become dang near impossible to load an image onto my Blogger blog when using Internet Explorer. Firefox isn't 100%, but it works most of the time.

I accept it's going to be my fault. After thirty-four years of marriage and two decades on PC's (I still have my first Apple IIc) I've come to understand that when anything goes wrong, it's my fault.

That said, has anyone else had similar problems? Does anyone have any suggestions, besides a double-shot of single malt scotch?

Bayou Bill :cool:

JulieB

I grow my own catnip
Registered
Reaction score
Howdy, neighbor!

Apparently you're not the only one having trouble right now. See this Google Groups thread:

http://groups.google.com.na/group/blogger-help-publishing/browse_thread/thread/c0400980e053574b/d67799b4881ba32d?hl=en

You might consider getting an account at a graphics hosting service such as Photobucket. From there you can insert a URL in your text. I use Flickr for my photography hosting, and all I do is tell it what size I want and it provides the HTML for me. I just cut and paste. Flickr does not allow hosting of non-photo images, so if you have graphics or scanned cover art you'd probably be better off with Photobucket.

Bayou Bill

AW Ne'er-Do-Well
Registered
Reaction score
Down so low in Austin, bottom looks like up.
Website
billsbilge.blogspot.com
Thanks, Julie. Problem is I have a hosting service, VilliagePhoto, but the Google image upload problem appears to be non-discriminatory. Whether I'm using VP, an image from the 'net, or one that's on my computer, the result is the same, nada.

I contacted Google but all I got was an automated, unhelpful, reply. "sigh"

Bayou Bill :cool:

JulieB said:
Howdy, neighbor!

Apparently you're not the only one having trouble right now. See this Google Groups thread:

http://groups.google.com.na/group/blogger-help-publishing/browse_thread/thread/c0400980e053574b/d67799b4881ba32d?hl=en

You might consider getting an account at a graphics hosting service such as Photobucket. From there you can insert a URL in your text. I use Flickr for my photography hosting, and all I do is tell it what size I want and it provides the HTML for me. I just cut and paste. Flickr does not allow hosting of non-photo images, so if you have graphics or scanned cover art you'd probably be better off with Photobucket.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
If you code a link to photobucket it shouldn't cause problems--at least that's what I found. I can;t upload a picture from my computer but a photobucket hotlink works fine.

Simran

I thought I was the only one today who was having trouble with loading images directly from my computer to Blogger. I'll try photobucket and see if that works. Thanks.