for all you Bjork fans out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Paris Hilton = Everything that is wrong with the United States.
Bjork = Everything that is wrong with Europe. (although I don't know if Iceland is in Europe, but you hear what I'm saying.)

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
The amazing movie that was Dancer in the Dark was completely overshadowed by Bjork wearing the most infamous Oscar dress ever to the awards that year. Swans are not meant for wearing.

bjork.jpg

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
To me, Bjork is like New Order. They've been churning out forgettable mush for years, with a few gems interspersed. But no matter how irrelevant they become, they were once Joy Division. Therefore, I'll always burn a candle for them.

Bjork is like that to me, if to a lesser degree. But she looks better in a dress than Ian Curtis ever did.

And she's not everything wrong with Europe until she dives to get a penalty.

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
poetinahat said:
To me, Bjork is like New Order. They've been churning out forgettable mush for years, with a few gems interspersed. But no matter how irrelevant they become, they were once Joy Division. Therefore, I'll always burn a candle for them.

If I'm following that analogy, are you saying that Bjork is to New Order as The Sugarcubes are to Joy Division? Because I can't go with you on that. I actually prefer her earlier solo music, like Debut, to the Sugarcubes.

Bjork's son was a foreign exchange student in Minneapolis.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Agreed, Celia, although I loved Life's Too Good. The analogy's not quite that tight; it's just that the early stuff was good enough to allow me to overlook future missteps. I haven't followed Bjork since, say, Post.

But if I divide the music world into Like and Don't Like, Bjork will always be on the Like side. I surely wouldn't say her solo stuff suffers by comparison with Sugarcubes the way most New Order (almost everything since Blue Monday) pales next to Joy Division's masterpieces.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What are you suggesting, duck? You want me out of your thread, just ask.

Manxom Vroom

A proper fool
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jvalka.blogspot.com
I love Bjork and I love her swan dress! I fell of the couch laughing during this year's Oscars when Jon Stewart joked about Dick Cheney shooting her!

And to compare Bjork and Paris Hilton...argh.

badducky

No Time For Chitchat, Kemosabe.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jmmcdermott.blogspot.com
Poet, I'm suggesting that if Bjork were here, she'd never let a poet lie to her.

Then, when you posted your weird analogy, CeliaCyanide wouldn't let a poet lie to her.

Thus...

But no, you can stay. Just be aware that we don't trust you for one second with your beautiful lies!

Manxom Vroom

A proper fool
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jvalka.blogspot.com
If you want to start an "I hate Bjork" thread, then please feel free to do so. Please note that the title of this thread is for fans.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
I guess I don't get the comparison to Paris Hilton either. Paris Hilton is famous only because she's rich.

Bjork on the other hand is famous for striving to be artistic. Unsuccessfully it seems in Billy's eyes.

I compare Bjork to Yoko Ono. Except Bjork can sing. has talent, is pretty and didn't break up the Beatles.

Manxom Vroom

A proper fool
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jvalka.blogspot.com
Shadow_Ferret said:
I guess I don't get the comparison to Paris Hilton either. Paris Hilton is famous only because she's rich.

We'll see whose music keeps selling 5 years* from now ("If Paris lives that loooooong") :tongue

* Reference to a song by Bjork

Last edited:

Manxom Vroom

A proper fool
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jvalka.blogspot.com
billythrilly7th said:
Paris Hilton = Everything that is wrong with the United States.
Bjork = Everything that is wrong with Europe. (although I don't know if Iceland is in Europe, but you hear what I'm saying.)

I agree that Paris is a good stand-in for everything that's wrong with the US (vain, shallow, superficial, more money than brains, selfish, conceited), but how is Bjork a poster child for what's wrong with Europe?

And btw, Iceland is indeed a part of Europe.

Reaction score
Shadow_Ferret said:

Bjork on the other hand is famous for striving to be artistic. Unsuccessfully it seems in Billy's eyes.

I didn't say that Paris and Bjork had the same deficiency categories.

Paris represents everything that's wrong with America.
Bjork represents everything that's wrong with Europe.

There are different things that are wrong with each continent.

And it's up to you to decide what those things are based on the Famous person to continent comparisons.

Thank you.

IMO, Paris and Bjork.....

9097_b~Family-Guy-Stewie-You-Suck-Posters.jpg

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
billythrilly7th said:
And it's up to you to decide what those things are based on the Famous person to continent comparisons.
No. You made the comparison. It's up to you to tell us why. Why should I have to try to figure out your way of thinking?

I have a hard enough time figuring you out when you explain things. :)

Reaction score
Shadow_Ferret said:
No. You made the comparison. It's up to you to tell us why.

It's different things to different people.

Like lyrics.

I don't want to ruin it by telling you what I think.

Look in your heart. The answers are there.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.